Recent content by Big Ape

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Big Ape

Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Love it! Looks like you got a dial-a-ride that will fit on!!
  2. Big Ape

Very rough Higgins

You are welcome, there are some threads about removing paint, it would be cool to see what is under that spray bomb blue!
  3. Big Ape

Very rough Higgins

At this point, it really doesn't make much difference. You could collect the needed parts and build it either way. No one would be the wiser. Both rank right up there as some of the coolest bikes of the 50's!
  4. Big Ape

Very rough Higgins

I believe that some Colorflows had the light mount bracket too.
  5. Big Ape

Very rough Higgins

Great Bike! Could be a Jetflow or Colorflow! But, very good bones to build on.
  6. Big Ape

CWC Roadmaster, build in Brazil

Nice work, looks great! I am going to be restoring a FleetWing soon that is very similar to your bike. I am taking notes.
  7. Big Ape

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

I think everyone gave up after TRM posted the Decoluxe, but I'll throw my barhop build on here anyway!
  8. Big Ape

Elgin stripper! aka Be-bop-a-Lula....she's my baby!

Here are a couple more pictures, trying to show all off the details.....but there any aren't many......she is pretty stripped down!
  9. Big Ape

Elgin stripper! aka Be-bop-a-Lula....she's my baby!

Since I made some room selling off a couple of bikes and some parts, I was able to drag this Elgin curved seat tube frame down out of the rafters. And, along with some spare parts and some former build off parts, I threw this little barhop rat together. I had this set of jr. Mark 5 handlebars...
  10. Big Ape

Super Sonic rat rod! Now parting out !! Take $10.00 off of marked prices!

Star chain ring and mirror are sold. It looks like the spaceship horn and my custom painted chain guard are all that is left to sell on this one.
  11. Big Ape

Super Sonic rat rod! Now parting out !! Take $10.00 off of marked prices!

The seat and the seat post have both sold now.
  12. Big Ape

Chain Bike Co.- Thunderjet - Ross. Tank and chain guard. SOLD.

Terry, I don't know you but, I know of you. I was trying to remember your site name on here, I thought that you might be interested. I will reply to your pm. Thanks, Ted C.
  13. Big Ape

Estate sale shelby

Great bike! If anyone knew how to match colors together back in the day.....Shelby did!
Back