Recent content by Bike from the Dead

1. Bike from the Dead

The Old West (Late 1950s/Early 1960s AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer)

I think I've seen it done before, but I think it requires a specialized tool due to how the ends are crimped. I'll definitely want to look into it, though. Awesome! And thanks for the Amazon link! I've seen those ultrasonic tanks on antique toy restoration videos! You wouldn't happen to have...
  2. Bike from the Dead

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

Even smaller progress report, but I thought it was worth sharing. I want to try and figure out in 3 dimensions how this tank is going to go together for this trike. I had originally planned to use some cheap foam core from Walmart, but when I thought about trying a foam cutter on it, I decided...
  3. Bike from the Dead

The Old West (Late 1950s/Early 1960s AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer)

Finally making some more progress. I just got the new pedals for The Old West just earlier this week, and they look just right for the bike. Couple problems, though. 1. I want to remove the rust from the pedals, especially the threads, but I don't know how I can do that without affecting the...
  4. Bike from the Dead

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

Minor update, but I figured I'd share anyway. I couldn't steer the trike with the handlebars angled back, given I'm a 6-foot guy on a bike originally designed for kids, so, as much as I liked seeing the handlebars in line with the springer fork support rods, I decided to angle the handlebars...
  5. Bike from the Dead

Why am I getting a "Your connection is not secure" message when I come to the site now?

This started last night, and another member who's also on the CABE asked me about the same problem this morning. I just went to the same link as always, but unless I remove the "s" from "https," I can't go onto the site, and even then I still get a "not secure" message. Any idea what's up?
  6. Bike from the Dead

Free vintage bikes in Kansas City

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/d/blue-springs-free-vintage-kids-bikes/7298061838.html Love to get these myself, but K.C. is a 4-hour drive for me. Looks like good Muscle Bike Build Off material!
  7. Bike from the Dead

Dumpster Diamond PHASE 2

Alright, I'm itching to revisit this bike and rebuild it the way I really want, so it's time to begin... PHASE TWO!!!!!! (I even made this GIF in Photoshop to help emphasize how ready I am to get this bike finished up!) Okay, so when I originally built this bike, there were a bunch of...
  8. Bike from the Dead

1961 Rollfast Flying Tiger Bike

I know the feeling. Glad to see you're still working on it! I'm excited to see the final product! Nice lettering on the tires!
  9. Bike from the Dead

WANTED: Matching pedals and battery tray for a 1962 AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer

Both of those look like good options, but I need to double check and see if what I need are 1/2" or 9/16" pedals. How do you know which one you need? Do I measure the width of the threads, or what size wrench I need to loosen/tighten the pedals?
  10. Bike from the Dead

WANTED: Matching pedals and battery tray for a 1962 AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer

What would you suggest I do then? Most vintage bow pedals I've had looked fine, rubber included, but if they're going to deteriorate when I ride this bike (and I do intend to ride this bike,) what would be a good alternative, aside from bare metal pedals?
  11. Bike from the Dead

Strange Dark

WOW! You really brought this bike back to showroom quality! Knowing what this bike started as, versus what it is now, I'd say you did a fantastic job breathing some life back into this 41-year old bike. Strange Dark is ready to ride again!
  12. Bike from the Dead

I finished 3!

What a lineup! 3 cool muscle bikes side-by-side! You did great CRASH!
  13. Bike from the Dead

Really? Huh, I'll have to check and see how much room there is in the headlight bezel. Both donor tanks I have have a battery tray and switch riveted to the underside of the tank, so the 2 headlight bezels I have were designed with those tanks in mind.