Recent content by BikeNerd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BikeNerd

Lets see some street sweeper fenders

Not wanting to start a new thread here, but awhile back I was given two chrome rear fenders that I want to make street sweepers out of for my Schwinn cruiser. One of them has braces on it to attach to the frame and the other one doesn't. I would like to know if anybody here has any ideas to...
  2. BikeNerd

Fender Braces?

700c x 37 tires I actually like the 700c wheels because they roll better (less resistance, higher air pressure) and I like the looks of the larger wheels/skinnier tires with the cantilever frame.
  3. BikeNerd

Fender Braces?

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure the Wald braces won't be long enough but I suppose I could modify them. I'll see what I come up with and maybe post pics of my creation.:)
  4. BikeNerd

Fender Braces?

I got a set of fenders (both rear) given to me at the bike co-op last fall and I would like to make street sweepers out of them for my Schwinn cruiser. My question is what can I make for fender braces and can I just go to the hardware store to get the metal and fashion a set out of them? I...
  5. BikeNerd

FELTS NEW 2015 CRUISER BIKE LINE UP

That's cool that Felt offers a frame kit. I'm sure they realize they can't please everybody. This almost tempts me to get one.
  6. BikeNerd

Burrito bikes!!

They must be called burrito bikes because it appears that the rider has to fold himself up like a burrito just to be able to ride it.
  7. BikeNerd

RED A** MONKEY FINISHED

This could be a new category of bikes (as if the industry doesn't have enough already!): Road racing cruiser!;)
  8. BikeNerd

Military Bikes

Cool! I love WWII military-theme bikes and would like to see more rat-rodders build these. I may just do up one of my own one of these days. I used to paint HumVees and MRAP vehicles for the military. I wish I could have got some of their leftover paint if it was ever available! A Desert-Sand...
  9. BikeNerd

Starting Father's Day off right!

Well I was looking forward of taking pics of my cruiser with the beautiful Cincinnati skyline as a backdrop. Unfortunately I ruptured my Achilles tendon last month so that will have to be put on hold.:( Hopefully I will be able to do that this autumn but I'll have to see how it will heal. I got...
  10. BikeNerd

Another Heavy Duti build... Headbadge mounted

Yeah, that's what I mean. I've never used this on any personal projects but I used to use it all the time when armoring vehicles for the government.
  11. BikeNerd

Another Heavy Duti build... Headbadge mounted

Are you going to use the 2K clear (with the bladder inside the can)? I'm currently building up a lugged-steel Trek 420 (not a Rat Rod) and I'm going to use this clear after I apply the decals.
  12. BikeNerd

Opinions on handlebars

Handlebars are really a personal preference, almost like asking what mattress is the best kind to sleep on. I had flipped bars on my cruiser and, while they looked cool, they were just too uncomfortable to ride like that. A slight 2 or 3" riser bar would look best in my opinion. I never...
  13. BikeNerd

Why were girl's bikes blue and boy's bikes red?

Just a guess and this is just my opinion but as our society was emerging from the drab colors of the Victorian era and into the Madison Avenue "You Need This" type of advertising that started to bombard the public after WWI somehow or another certain colors got "assigned" to masculinity and...
  14. BikeNerd

Mike Wolfe of American Pickers & FELT Bicycles create the "Red Wolfe" Bike

Actually I wouldn't mind having a new Felt or Electra just to have at least one bike I can hop on and ride without having to mess with it all the time. If something breaks it's one bike I don't have to worry about having to get a sixty-year-old part for that's no longer made.
  15. BikeNerd

Mike Wolfe of American Pickers & FELT Bicycles create the "Red Wolfe" Bike

$50 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a late-model cruiser. Was there anything else wrong with it? It's true, though, that way too many people like this woman selling this cruiser still watch way too much TV. I'm actually surprised that this medium is still in existence in the age of the...
Back