Recent content by Biscayne327

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Elgin? JC Higgins? Bicycle Identification Help

Thank you guys for your help. That makes sense for it to be a 1948 JC Higgins, maybe the Elgin coaster brake was just installed later because it was "of that era"
  2. B

Huffy Bicycle - Help - Springer Front Fork?

Very solid point, I'll look into one of those. They definitely seem much more rugged. I'm also thinking if I can locate any '40s or '50s Balloon rims & tires, those just seem way safer to me than the beach cruisers of today. Thank you for your input!
  3. B

Elgin? JC Higgins? Bicycle Identification Help

I just picked up this sweet find and it rides quite nice, but would appreciate any help identifying what year this bike is, if it's pre-war or post war? It was listed as a 1957 JC Higgins, but I knew it must be earlier to the shape of the frame, but (being new at trying to figure out which is...
  4. B

Huffy Bicycle - Help - Springer Front Fork?

Hello, I'm very new to this thread (here's my first post), this looks like an awesome site so congrats to the creators of this page! I would appreciate any help on this budget build. I have an early 2000s Huffy Santa Fe cruiser men's bicycle (26" tire I guess they call it), I'm trying to...
Back