Recent content by c.p.odom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. c.p.odom

Show us them cars!

Proper V10 bike carrier:
  2. c.p.odom

Exploded Bikes

Beatcad, this was done years ago. My renderings are quite nice now. It took some sit down time with my commercial photographer to teach me proper lighting techniques.
  3. c.p.odom

3-SPD hub help

Old thread but I would like the MBI RG2575.
  4. c.p.odom

Hub Lubricant

While these hubs were designed for use with oil this can be replaced with the use of grade 00 grease (almost liquid). This is not the easiest thing to source but it works quite well. Most generic grease sold for bicycles is a grade 2 which is much to thick.
  5. c.p.odom

new 1937 columbia 3 star

Ghastly looking thing.
  6. c.p.odom

Looking for hub advice

Modifying 1/2 pitch cogs into 1" pitch cogs is a poor substitute for the proper thing. Inch pitch cogs are not 1/2 pitch with every other tooth missing. Inch pitch is the use of a .625" pitch tooth followed by a .375" space.
  7. c.p.odom

Drill extra holes in a hub

40 hole hub? Good question, it just was not the question that was asked.
  8. c.p.odom

Ordering them might be the easy way. Be careful to only get US or western Euro made bits, makes a big difference.
  9. c.p.odom

Non-knurled handlebar

I have used a JA Stein knurling tool on hundreds of bars, always the best solution: http://www.bikepedia.com/PA/Item.aspx?item=217419
  10. c.p.odom

Move on to USA made HSS (High Speed Steel) bits.
  11. c.p.odom

New Sturmey-Archer singlespeed coaster....

Frame spreading time for me, no worries. I wish they had some options for 126mm, 130mm, and 135mm.
  12. c.p.odom

What spacing were you looking for?
  13. c.p.odom

Well it is page 34 of their 2014-2015 printed catalog. I saw the hubs at Interbike and I have a friend who knows the owner of Sun Race (SA) checking on them while he is in Taiwan.
  14. c.p.odom

Cotter Pin Cranks

Cottered crank Raleigh's most often had the 26 tpi thread bottom brackets not the standard British 24 tpi. You would have to retain the original cups and source a spindle with the correct bearing width.
  15. c.p.odom

Thoughts on disk-type coaster brake hubs

I can source Velosteel hubs from my customers in Germany and Austria. This is easier than dealing with Czech. I won't do this unless my mates here in the States decide not to import them anymore. I love internal disc brake hubs but they require understanding in lubrication and restoring the...
Back