Recent content by Captain Awesome

1. Captain Awesome

New to me stretch/dragster/rat bike

Like them bars!!!
  2. Captain Awesome

Found - Thanks Dr T

Big thanks to @Dr. Tankenstein Sounds like he's got me covered!
  3. Captain Awesome

Found - Thanks Dr T

Sad but true
  4. Captain Awesome

Japanese Customs Mixed Bikes

They know how to bring the funk
  5. Captain Awesome

Bikes with Hot Rods

That's a nice little chop. CB or CL 350/360?
  6. Captain Awesome

Haro Shift

Those were good bikes for Haro. They did a good job making a nice entry level downhill"ish" bike. Looks like they swapped out the things everyone changed back then. Fork, stem, bars,........ Didn't come with triple tree forks so that's a plus They were about $1k new
  7. Captain Awesome

Bikes & salads are healthy. (Tried to make it relevant to the forum...) Lets hear your best (uncommon) salad ingredients...to stay in riding shape

They have a salad truck that follows the RAGBRAI ride across Iowa. Pretty awesome
  8. Captain Awesome

Found - Thanks Dr T

I called my locals. Not a one Actually one said they had a few but couldn't give me one because of "liability" :wondering: So I offered to buy it and they said they don't sell scrap pieces.......o_O
  9. Captain Awesome

Found - Thanks Dr T

I've got the fork, but unfortunately I forgot to compensate for the extra deep races on the retro ryder headset so my steerer is now short. Stupid mistake. I can make due with sectioning in a stub. Otherwise only half of the clamping area on my stem has contact :mad: If it meant cutting the...
  10. Captain Awesome

Naughty Newsboy

Got the tires in that I'm going to put on these cleaned up steelies while I rock the coaster. Unfortunately it'll have to wait till I get back from an impromptu work trip Got these Kenda's from Husky. Should fit the bill nicely for now. Nice low rolling resistance for the bike path and a bit of...
  11. Captain Awesome

Found - Thanks Dr T

12. Captain Awesome

What pic on google images first sucked you in to RRB?

Sounds like a good way to break in the Newsboy when it's done
  13. Captain Awesome

One of my favorites!!!!
  14. Captain Awesome

You'll have to show me one of these days