Recent content by clerkkent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. clerkkent

Stuck gooseneck in vintage huffy tandem

Update: my 12 year old was bored and decided to make the tandem bike ( relegated to the back of the garage in lieu of other projects) a fun sound maker with hammers and such. Thirty minutes later I hear a “heyyyyyyyyyy dad” and he presents this to me: with that, would anyone have an extra one...
  2. clerkkent

1960s Shelby Flying Cloud

Acquired this AMF built Shelby from a barn/estate clean out. The jewels on the sprocket are riveted in, not stickers.
  3. clerkkent

I tried the steel rod pounding and no progress. I did another round of penetrating oil then inverted into my bench vise, planning to use the entire frame as leverage to twist the neck free. Result: a broken bench vise. 🙁
  4. clerkkent

I am repairing a first generation huffy built tandem (the curvy frame style) and the gooseneck for the rear handlebars is stuck. The bolt sheared when I put my socket on it, leaving the wedge behind. I poured Kroil down the bolt hole and let it soak for a day; no change. I applied a torch to the...
  5. clerkkent

Men’s cruiser frame

I acquired this frame in a collection, I suspect it is European due to the tiny bottom bracket (less than two inches in diameter). Ignore the seat post and handlebar, I put those on for a mock up. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?
  6. clerkkent

Bike from the Dead's Freshly-Exhumed Finds (Everything I've dug up since 6/15/21)

The faceted crank arm is a "redline", which is fairly new; I dunno if it came with that Columbi-ish chain ring.
  7. clerkkent

Name that lady’s frame!

Picked this up for the bendix wheel set that was on it. From far away I thought huffy built Monark, but upon closer inspection looks European, like a Ross. Thoughts?
  8. clerkkent

Dyno-Matic Blue Cruiser

Whatever happened to the Dyno bike company? Did they get absorbed by a bigger company?
  9. clerkkent

my first hand cycle

This neglected pile came up on CL for 2 Jacksons, so I decided I need yet another obscure project taking up space in the garage. :) The manufacturer is named "Top End". The neck is broken so will require a welding project. These special need trikes are incredibly expensive new (the 2020...
  10. clerkkent

A folding modern cruiser bike

Those welds have caused the same reaction as fingernails on a chalkboard to all who have seen them. o_Oo_O
  11. clerkkent

Yep, that notch in the crank arm was deliberate, not worn. I suspect they were trying to make room so the frame could fold tighter against itself.
  12. clerkkent

done!
  13. clerkkent

I picked up a folding adult cruiser bike on CL. It is a modern chinese frame cruiser that had a tank plate and looks as if someone cut the doen tube and top tube ,in front of the seat tube, and welded some door hinges, then powder coated blue. ... but it was a company called "Monster Bike"...
  14. clerkkent

skiptooth Huffy lady's fork needed

I'm seeking a basic fork for a older Huffy/Huffman women's 26" skiptooth cruiser balloon bike. The steer tube is 8 and a quarter inches. Shipping to Boise, Idaho.
  15. clerkkent

2 pairs of matched vintage pedals for 1950s tandem bike.

I'm still looking for matched pairs- anyone have some? I'm working on some vintage 1950s tandem bikes, and require matched pairs of pairs of pedals. looking for vintage patinad pedals in decent shape, not modern repops. i'm looking for any color but black; white or cream will be best (or white...
Back