Recent content by contraptionist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

wanted: used steel fat bike fork, maybe even a frame 26 x 4

Want a used cheap steel 26x4 fat bike fork or maybe even a frame, beat up is ok.
  2. C

build off 14 first try, calling it warbonnett

I decided to just make a whole new front fender and widen it so I could put over the forks, that should fix anymore tire rubs. I think it looks better wider also.
  3. C

I was going to paint them to match the headdress with a touch of the bright red on the headdress to match the fenders. I wanted to get the headdress off white color on the tank, I didn`t get white on the chainguard feathers yet. So close but not good enough.
  4. C

Elginator

Thank you, I had more fun doing this than I thought I would!, I`ll be back for next year!.
  5. C

Elginator

Thank you, I like your elgin.
  6. C

Elginator

The elginator is finished, here are a few photo`s, it has been fun doing the build off, I should have done it before.
  7. C

Elginator

I am calling the elginator finished even though I ended up using the original elgin front fender. It rides just like a new bike because it is almost all new. I was hoping for better weather for better photo`s but it is misting out there. I don`t know how to add a link to my build so I will post...
  8. C

I am not going to make the deadline with the warbonnet, the fender is going to take some more fitting. You can see what I was hiding under the rags in some photo`s, I wanted to use red leds in the skulls eye sockets but didn`t have time so I used plastic jewels. I will finish warbonnet up as I...
  9. C

Got some more work done on the fender, ground it, then had fiberglass a few more spots. It`s curing now, back at it tomorrow.
  10. C

My springer works without the fender but with it, the tire hits the fender. I had the wheel out front, the spring in the back and a pivot bolt going through the fender in the middle, it worked but rubbed bad, these tires are just huge. I am trying to piece the fender together so I have clearance...
  11. C

I am taking the springer off and cutting the fender so the wheel can move back inside the fender, the springer had the wheel moved forward so I had more room. I still want to use this fork.
  12. C

I have a setback on the warbonnet, the springer moves the tire into the fender and rubs bad, the tire is so big it hardly fits in the fender without having a springer to move it, so you can see what I am doing now trying to make the fender fit better. I eliminated the springer and am mounting...
  13. C

Thank you both and yes I am hiding a secret under the shirt, to be revealed later.
  14. C

I am getting the chain guard where it needs to be today, please excuse all the junk.
Back