Recent content by CRASH

1. CRASH

AMF Daytona

My whole life has. I'm not going to finish a single build. Just too many bills. My son's truck needs $2,400 in work, I'm still recovering from the holidays... It's going to be a slow finish for them all.
  2. CRASH

REDUCED Hubs and shifter

New Years bump
  3. CRASH

Huffy Slangshot (formerly the Crusty Cougar)

George, I’m seeing a derailleur. Did you want me to build up a Lark for you?
  4. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

I'll put it back together and double check tonight. What I had in there all fit fine... but I'm going to put the whole thing back together because I want to make sure before I send the cover out for chrome.
  5. CRASH

Just another Muscle Bike

Got the wheels trued
  6. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

So, the reason I squeezed the top tubes which squished the head tube was because the tubes were too wide to fit the console cover. Since I couldn’t squeeze them anymore, I decided to thin out the internal walls of the cover. That had the desired effect, and the cover slipped right over easily...
  7. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

The hammering of the old cup worked. There is no problem that can’t be solved as long as you have a big enough hammer.
  8. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

I was thinking about hammering an old one in to get the shape back.
  9. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

I cut and ground it to shape And got it to fit nicely inside the tubes. So I tested the cover. I discovered that it still sat too high because the tubes are spread apart farther than a Murray would have been. I considered thinning the side walls of the cover. But then I...
  10. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Not sure what I can do for you. I just ordered from them and glued them to the tire.
  11. CRASH

AMF Daytona

The Raised White Letters on that tire didn't come on them. I added them. https://tredwear.com/
  12. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

Ok, I'll try the angle grinder as soon as I can. Good suggestion!
  13. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

I was poking around a little and I came up with an idea. The shifter sits on the bend of the bar which is causing the height issue. On either end. If I carve away a little from the one side, it should, in theory, slide down between the tubes and let the ends sit over the tubes. As long as...
  14. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Wheels laced! Now all I have left is everything else!!
  15. CRASH

Just another Muscle Bike

This bike has been waiting on wheels to move forward. Delays caused by my other projects’ wheels have kept this bike at a stand still. Tonight I laced them while watching the end of a very disappointing 49ers defeat... (stupid brand new kicker!!). I am not a fan of coasters. I had to go to...