Recent content by Crazy Nick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Crazy Nick

Valentines Day gift bike

My wifey's Valentines Day gift. It took her a minute to realize that the bike was also part of the gift. (1967 Schwinn Hollywood)
  2. Crazy Nick

Seeking SoCal bike tech..

I need a few rims laced and a hub serviced. Does anybody know of a good shop or person in Orange County area ?
  3. Crazy Nick

Show us your kid’s bikes

68 Stingray Midget..
  4. Crazy Nick

Bruce Lee muscle bike

I wasn't sure where to go with this but I just thought it was kinda cool :cool:
  5. Crazy Nick

DIY Duck Tail Fender

How would you DIY a duck tail fender without any fancy equipment ? I've contacted a couple of local Hot Rod shops that could probably easily do it but as soon I mention that it's for a bicycle they lose interest.
  6. Crazy Nick

Dave Erickson / Schwinn painter ?

FYI, I contacted him and he's still painting cars but no longer painting bikes..
  7. Crazy Nick

Schwinn speedometer

I have. It's not too hard, just bend those little tabs and be careful not to scratch it. Since the Stingray ones typically cost more I used to buy a Stingray one with rough chrome and buy a standard one that had good chrome but was cheaper and just swap out the insides.. What was your issue or...
  8. Crazy Nick

Removing water slide decals

Does anybody know a safe way to remove standard Schwinn water slide decals without harming the paint ? My older brother said "use a rag with hot water" which sounded like it would work but it didn't. I read about acetone free nail polish remover, but I'de rather get a little feedback before...
  9. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

I would prefer WW tires with the fenders too but this is an early year that runs an S-2 rear rim with 2.125 rear tire (like a 20" inch Stingray), but it's literally impossible to find a 2.125 rear WW tire (original or repop). They make WW & BW replicas of the front S-7 Superior tire because...
  10. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

Both ways are original. Deluxe had fenders, standards were fenderless..
  11. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

So do big kids ;)
  12. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

I bought this 68" Midget for my son a few months back and he's still a few months away from being tall enough to ride it. I've been looking for these fenders but now that I put them on I think that fenderless is starting to grow on me. I think fenders look classy and fenderless looks a little...
  13. Crazy Nick

Vintage Schwinn ad (misprint)

Thank you, that's very nice of you, I really appreciate it.
  14. Crazy Nick

"1.75" middleweight front tire" The front tire size is what I was referring to as a misprint. 1.75 tires don't fit S-7 front rims. I'm pretty sure that 67-68 were the only two years that Midgets ran an S-2 in the rear, 69 and up ran S-7's on front & rear but all of the front tires were 1 3/4...
  15. Crazy Nick

That's funny ^^^. In that case the Midgets shoulda been called Little Person Stingrays 😆
Back