Recent content by crazydave58

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. crazydave58

What have you been riding lately?

1st ride of the season today.
  2. crazydave58

Proflex K2 3000

Just picked this 1998 Proflex today for a very good price. Other than some scratches it's in amazing condition. Should clean up beautifully.
  3. crazydave58

Vitus 992

I found some vintage Kyokuto pedals for it.
  4. crazydave58

Bafang kit on vanmoof

Hi. I didn't do that as I didn't think it was necessary. The motor cuts out when u stop pedaling.
  5. crazydave58

I need advice on this fork issue

Decided to repaint and make a few changes to this bike.
  6. crazydave58

Seat / Saddle Gallery - Post Pics Here

Found this old Wrights saddle in a parts bin and paid $5 for it. It looked pretty sad but a scrubbing with saddle soap, application of leather conditioner, reshaping of the leather and a good brushing brought back it’s original brown colour and beauty.
  7. crazydave58

Rear hub replacement question.

So I had my LBS guy install a single speed hub for me and its running good. I like the simplicity. He installed new spokes and built the wheel , aligned the chain line for $43.00
  8. crazydave58

My local bike shop can source good spokes. Thx for the helpful info.
  9. crazydave58

Would these parts work?
  10. crazydave58

No back brake..I’m just running front hydraulic disc brakes. My frame doesn’t have a mount on the rear for a disc brake. I suppose I could consider a bolt on disc brake mount if I’m changing the rear hub.
  11. crazydave58

the shimano nexus 3 speed rear hub on my electric Ruff Tango bike broke. I think I want to just replace the hub with a single speed hub to keep it simple, but I am unsure of what hub to order off Amazon or eBay that would work. My rear dropouts are 135 mm wide. I don’t need a coaster brake. 36 h...
  12. crazydave58

Finished this saddle. Far from perfect but its way better than when it came out of a barn.
  13. crazydave58

Parts on this saddle cleaned up quite well. All painted and ready to be recovered.
Back