Recent content by curtisfox

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Tips n Trix

Save your old nozzles and put them in a sealed jar with some lacquer thinner in, will clean and keep them ready to reuse, if you get a plugged one .........Curt
  2. C

SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

What did you use for paint, or coating...........Curt
  3. C

SWB0 Lazyboy

This may not be good as U bolts will rock under your pedal strain, and like exhaust clamps will crush the tube if tightened to tight. I would say to find the right spot and weld it in place.............Curt
  4. C

SWB0 1948 Triumph

Yes get the cheep one, they will work fine. My 24tpi worked fine, and when done they will just lay in a drawer, and maybe not get used again.. Curt
  5. C

ORBO MUTT

I thought myself just by watching other, had welding in school be that was way before mig's come to home owners. Yours looks good.......Curt
  6. C

WANTED Huret (Schwinn) shifter cable housing replacement.

I would think if you went to local bike shop and see what they have, they also carry it in bulk, if you just need a piece..........Curt
  7. C

SWB0 Vertigo Granny

I use these, bust the plastic off and use them in my drill, could be extended easy..........Curt $4 at harbor fright.
  8. C

SWB0 1948 Triumph

Put it on some wood blocks and use a bottle jack, long 2x4 under a door opening, press it back straight. The head tube on the Schwinn looks shorter.......Curt
  9. C

Parts Bin Schwinn No. 2: 1958 Cantilever

Best is to find someone with a press, and use blocking in the right places, and press it back. That way you wont bend a wheel or something else...........Curt
  10. C

Parts Bin Schwinn No. 2: 1958 Cantilever

That fork does look bent up by the head tube were the rat trap mounts.........Curt
  11. C

Bike from the Dead's Mockup Mash

Cut the top tube ( now bottom tube ) and flip it..........Curt
  12. C

The “Trike”

When you do a fork like that the strongest thing you can do is drill a couple holes above and below the seam, and do a couple rosiest welds...........Curt
  13. C

Here is one solid brass.......Curt
  14. C

That's about what I payed for mine, seems to many different mountings on them, the 2 that I have are different form your. And I have seen them at swap meets also ........Curt
  15. C

They were a clamp on spot light for model T, clamp on windshield post, I got couple that are all brass...........Curt
Back