1. CycleTruck

JC HIGGINS 16 Inch Pig Finished!

That bike is kool!
  2. CycleTruck

Genesis Onex 29er Stem Advice

Alright, simple enough. Thanks!
  3. CycleTruck

Thanks for the reply, the aluminum seat post is a great idea. I'll look into what I can get. I was actually talking about the handlebar stem. The last 29er I had didn't have any problems, but I've read where people ended up with floppy handlebars rather quickly. I'd really rather not replace...
  4. CycleTruck

I just picked up an Onex 29er and I'm about to do some upgrades. I've read that some people have had trouble with the stem. Can anyone describe what went wrong with the stock stem? I'm wondering if I should just replace it from the start.
  5. CycleTruck

Anyone ever see one of these? Odd Drum Brake Hub

I finally got around to dismantling this hub and I still have no idea what the amber lens is for. Approximately 1/2 of the inside is taken by the drum brake. The other half is a void, but I can see no easy way to get into it. I expected to see a dyno. Maybe the thing is just supposed to be a...
  6. CycleTruck

You're right, it is. Thanks for the link!
  7. CycleTruck

Here's the only marking that I can find. This weekend I'll be disassembling the hub to see what's inside.
  8. CycleTruck

I scored this Matthews Nomad Tandem yesterday. I've never seen a hub like this. It looks like the entire hub is wrapped in a lens or reflector.
  9. CycleTruck

Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser

Just got one on clearance today at Walmart for $75. It sat outside all year, so it needs a little attention, but it is a brand new bike. Photos soon.
  10. CycleTruck

1952 Firestone Cruiser by HP Snyder / DP Harris

BB = bottom bracket? I didn't notice it. I hope I didn't grind it off. I had to repair a weld on the very bottom of the bottom bracket. Thank you sir! Not for sale 8) Check out the blog I set up about it here: http://cycle-truck.blogspot.com/2012/08/1952-firestone-cruiser-resurrection.html...
  11. CycleTruck

Side Pull Brakes

OK, thanks! I'll try that out. BTW, love the shot of the Western Flyer tank!
  12. CycleTruck

How to hang a bike for paint

I clamp mine to a saw horse like in the photo below and paint the underside of the bottom bracket later.
  13. CycleTruck

Side Pull Brakes

How do I prevent one pad from contacting the rim all the time?
  14. CycleTruck

1952 Firestone Cruiser by HP Snyder / DP Harris

I'm up for that ride. Keep me posted!