Recent content by Dodgysam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dodgysam

Dromageddon 2016 video and pics

Dromageddon V5.0 was held this year again at the Rotorua velodrome and Reporoa dirt stadium. Pretty much perfect weather was booked in for the weekend and many chortles were had by all. ""
  2. Dodgysam

Drome racers

Snowmobiles. A few of them use rotaries...nice small ones. Also a good motor...(super sexy sounding too)...is the wajax mercury of mercury outboards fame. They do an air cooled twin cylinder motor for petrol powered water pumps. Infact they sound so good I made a video of one just for the...
  3. Dodgysam

Drome racers

Last vid from Dromageddon. From dirt track day.
  4. Dodgysam

Drome racers

A quick vid from one of the boys of Saturdays activities. Will post up more as I get hold of it.
  5. Dodgysam

Drome racers

And a quick vid mainly for noise value of Ben riding my deez dromer. sorry was shot on my potato phone. Fastest we got it upto was 79kph...so about 49mph...not bad for a comfy cruiser.
  6. Dodgysam

Drome racers

Here you go. Stolen from My mate Ben. This is me BTW. ^^^^
  7. Dodgysam

Drome racers

Will try to get some pics from some of the other guys from Saturdays drome day.
  8. Dodgysam

Drome racers

So we had Dromageddon mkIV this weekend. It was wet then hot then wet then hot then wet etc etc etc on Saturday. One guy hit the barrier on the high side of the velodrome and lost some skin but is otherwise ok. The Deez thumper got a respectable 2nd place in the enduro with last years winner...
  9. Dodgysam

Drome racers

Long time no see guys. The next Dromageddon is rapidly approaching. Will keep you posted on any new bikes that appear and of when a new video comes out. Jezza/Kicker are you going to make it this year? Will keep a bed empty for you if you like.
  10. Dodgysam

"Death rod" briggs powered Murray

Toyota Crown
  11. Dodgysam

Drome racers

On my old 160cc 2 stroke bike I was getting about 75ish Kph around the drome. Some of the boys are up in the 80s and on a straigh road some of the rotaries are getting up near 60mph/100kph...but those speeds arent really attainable around a drome. Id LOVE to see some South Islanders get in on...
  12. Dodgysam

My scratch built slambike

something like that yeah.
  13. Dodgysam

I really like the wide rimmed stretched tyre look on bikes. So I hunted round the internet and talked to friends with bike shops and the cheapest wide rims I could get in NZ was almost $200 per rim. HOWEVER if I got them from Germany I could get them landed and on my doorstep for less than the...
  14. Dodgysam

So this is my slambike...Its not too pretty and its fairly rough in places but that just makes it more like me. The front wheel was just because I wanted to prove to myself I could make a hubless wheel. But anyway this is how it is currently...all ready for Bicycle Gang Summit.
  15. Dodgysam

Drome racers

instead of a piston/pistons they have one of these inside...
Back