Recent content by Dominicus

1. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Thanks! You are correct, I used 6 colors of translucent rattle can “metalcast” paint over a silver base. I did test paint on a table and found out how much space I could fit the full spectrum & started the spiral with purple at the crank at the chainguard. Then I filled it in. I tried to do the...
  2. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Thanks! I was considering adding a white strip on all the struts to match the whitewalls & further that illusion. I dig those tires! The rear rack, front rack and the buss front end ”windscreen“ and “v” sections will all be black in order to evoke the upper body line of a bus. Should have those...
  3. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

It’s a rider! I think it really needs some taller fatter tires…maybe knobies.
  4. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

This one has taken much longer than expected but should be rideable this weekend. Front rack is on…big flop issues so I’m looking into a SteerStopper to lock the forks straight when parking. Ordered a VW bus cutout from Etsy that I’ll adapt for the front. Original back rack would not fit so I...
  5. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Yup, that’s exactly the plan for the front. The V section up, with the lights on either side. I had a piece of steel but it wasn’t large enough to get the windshield and roof arc. I am now thinking aluminum and likely using chrome car door trim for along the V. I may also paint the headlight...
  6. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Started with a Cranbrook. Build inspiration is a VW Bus. Bike will have a front rack with dual headlights. Rear will have folding racks with VW hubcaps and a 3 speed nexus hub. I had to do some repainting but now the Color(s) is done, clear next. my original rear rack choice doesn’t fit...any...
  7. Dominicus

1968 Schwinn 24/20 Custom

Great build! Is that a Corvette? I don’t recall a 24 with a head tube that short...did you shorten the head tube? Is that a socket in there?
  8. Dominicus

Apple Cider Special

Thanks! It had half a springer at first and I’d seen how the 26” looked on @locojoe ‘s bronco bike. That’s what inspired the wheelie direction. With the 26“ and Fastback wheel it was always lifting up so I went with it. I need to adapt the design like a taller center wheel so I can steer the...
  9. Dominicus

Unofficial March Shootout 3

Cheers! I have to do a bit of respraying to do but it’s getting there. Odds were against it as Entropy was strong this month! Beware the idlers of March!:bigsmile: Congratulations to everyone who finished!
  10. Dominicus

Stingray MTB

The 24 would fit with rear facing dropouts...but since mine don’t I’ll run these. Thinking about painting gold on the spoke side of the rims. Forks are bare steel so I gotta do something there too. Front 3speed sprocket and MTB stem swap when I have time.
  11. Dominicus

Guess who didn’t realize the chainguard screw popped out just before adding 6 colors of paint! The lower stay is still silver and the back of the chainguard too. Blaming the dog since it was there before I had to chase her down and the wind blew the bike stand over. Fixed the fender scratch but...
  12. Dominicus

Stingray MTB

A 12 speed 24” folding bike fell in my lap. Ride is tippy, folded size is large but the gearing is good. I can swap the fork right over to the stingray and have cantilever breaks and it looks like the 24” rear might fit. I would not mention it if this didn’t look possible...I‘ll see if it fits...
  13. Dominicus

Paint!
  14. Dominicus

MBBO Top 5 winners for 2020/2021

Thanks Captain Awesome & CRASH for hosting! Some very cool bike builds everybody!
  15. Dominicus

Stingray MTB

Picked up a BF Stingray Krate that was converted to a 5 speed Shimano. The low gearing and tight turning allows for a surprisingly nimble off road bike. I added BMX bars and tried out saddles, talk about serendipity, this is the only frame this odd seat will fit. Naturally the tank followed. We...