Recent content by El Pocho

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

Had to go over a bridge to get here...does that count?

Took the ol DX out for a cruise today....not a cloud in the sky,...I'd guess about 78 degrees. Not the best pic but the sun was in front of me...
  2. E

Can anybody help me with this please????!!!

Thanks for the input. I know it's bent, I guess I was just more or less asking the best way to fix it. At some point the rear triangle has "shifted"to the left. I just need to find out the best way to bend it back without breaking it or making it worse. I'll probably just take it to a local MC...
  3. E

Here's another pic of my issue...
  4. E

So this is my next build. It's a 1950 panther straight bar. If you look at the rear wheel it lines up perfectly with the head tube, the problem is you can see the top right down tube is bent and it's pulling the seat post tube to the right. The rim is perfectly centered with the bottom bracket...
  5. E

WANTED anyone have one of these?

DUUUUUDE!!!!!
  6. E

thanks for the lead...it led me to this...super cool and "stealthy"
  7. E

This is a weinmann brake mount adapter for a vintage frame, and I need one. Any leads?
  8. E

Ready for powder

im thinkin im going to end up doing it teal and then hand pinstriping it. That is what I do for a living after all...
  9. E

Ready for powder

yes...also a very possible option, which is what I usually do...but this guard is really cool lookin...very nice ride btw...
  10. E

Ready for powder

And I bet I could do a sweet polka dot build ..maybe a challenge??lol
  11. E

Ready for powder

The components will be black and gold...gold pedals, bar clamp, black bars....maybe black hoops w gold hubs
  12. E

Ready for powder

The chain guard is actually an issue...powder vs paint, one color vs two or just no guard at all...gonna run 3 pc black cranks on it...
  13. E

Ready for powder

So I'm thinking a dark metallic teal on the frame and where the chrome used to be on the springer, and black for the main legs of the springer....any thoughts or suggestions other possible color combos??
  14. E

Another killer find... But this one's bittersweet

62 Typhoons. This one looks identical to the one i found a few years ago.
  15. E

Another killer find... But this one's bittersweet

So I found yet another killer deal on marketplace and I just went and picked this beauty up today. The price was so good that I drove 75 mi to pick it up. The bittersweet part is I told my buddy in California about it asking if he wanted me to get it for him thinking he would say no... He didn't...
Back