Recent content by fatbiker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

Old School Rigid MTB's

Alright guys, as the originator of this post I think I've kept everyone waiting long enough. I finally scored this vintage mountain bike from my boss a few days ago and had a blast taking it out to the trail in my area. It's a pretty rad ride. Enjoy!
  2. F

My Mango Cruiser- What to do?

True that brotha!
  3. F

Alright guys, this is what I ended up doing on this cruiser. You can read the article about it on my blog.
  4. F

Old School Rigid MTB's

Allright! Thanks for kicking us off with that. My first "real" MTB was a late 90's rigid frame. It was a gold colored huffy but I remember most bikes being rigid and looking the same during that time period. Most people saw suspension bikes in the early 2000's. Before that they weren't available...
  5. F

Need Help IDing this roadster

Upon closer inspection, the rear hub sprocket says " Bennoto Svitare". Could this be a Bennoto Roadster instead?
  6. F

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The bike feels very cast iron like, even with two coats of paint on it. I have also seen newer Windsor roasters from India and Mexico and they do not have a metal headbadge, rather a decal on the headtube. The crankarm has a much bigger chainring than any of...
  7. F

I just got my hands on what looks like a pre-war roadster with 28" wheels and a double top tube. It looks almost identical to this windsor below. The thing is I am having trouble identifying it because it has two coats of paint on the frame and a missing headbadge. There is a circular imprint...
  8. F

Old School Rigid MTB's

I will post one of my future projects on this thread. Old school rigid frames are getting harder to come by. It would be nice to see a restoration of something with caliper brakes, bull moose handlebars, thumbies and a reverse water bottle cage.
  9. F

Nice idea. I could do a klunker tribute bike with some bmx influence on it. It would be cool to take it out on the trails
  10. F

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE I let the parts sit in a chemical bath at a bike shop for a few days. Most bike shops have a red vat that they use to clean parts.
  11. F

Old School Rigid MTB's

Who still rides off road on old 26" rigid MTB's? Show us your ride.
  12. F

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

My monstercrossed Schwinn Le Tour Mega chainring for steep off road hills Thumbies on dropbars
  13. F

Before & After Pics

My Schwinn Cruiser restoration before and after
  14. F

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE My Schwinn cruiser restoration
  15. F

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-Twin-Rail-26-x-2-2-Coloured-Mountain-Bike-Tyre-NEW-/110527005018?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item19bbec415a
Back