Recent content by fidel rambo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fidel rambo

Better pics of my build off bike (Bluey McBoring)

not franks, quick bricks! the seat is from http://www.hiwheel.com. here are the rest of the specs: '41 columbia superb repro frame/crankset worksman wheels nitto promenade bars grips?...i forgot who made em!
  2. fidel rambo

Bluey

better pics posted 8) and THANKS to whoever you two dudes are that voted for me!!!!!! http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22562
  3. fidel rambo

Better pics of my build off bike (Bluey McBoring)

and yes, I know it's not boring! 8)
  4. fidel rambo

Bluey McBoring

heh thanks guys....guess i was having a little inferiority complex compared to some of the other cool and over the top builds....i like this place even more :)
  5. fidel rambo

Bluey McBoring

ha ha
  6. fidel rambo

Bluey

did i make the deadline? anyway here it is. kinda dull compared to some of the work done for this build off.
  7. fidel rambo

I need chain size help

well, I'm a little confused now, but I think it still comes down to getting a wider chain.....I took some measurements -- the tooth-to-tooth gap on the pictured sprocket above measured the same as the rear brake sprocket (which the chain fits on fine), and that rear sprocket is a few mm thinner...
  8. fidel rambo

I need chain size help

yeah, the width looks to be the problem, thanks guys.
  9. fidel rambo

I need chain size help

I was putting together my bike yesterday and threw on single speed KMC chain I had lying around, I think it's 1/2" x 1/8".....obviously it doesn't look like the right size chain. This is on a Columbia Superb repro frame....I don't think this is a skip tooth sprocket...?? Or do I need a chain...
  10. fidel rambo

Bluey

Here's my build. It's a Columbia Superb repro frame, some Worksman industrial wheels and Quick Bricks to name a few ingredients. Sourcing a seat, bars and some misc odds & ends and then assembly will begin. Going for a clean cruiser/board tracker hybrid style...
  11. fidel rambo

Enlarging fork dropouts

indeed. that might be an even better solution....thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!
  12. fidel rambo

Enlarging fork dropouts

thanks for the replies. the thing is, is my front wheel hub has a completely removable threaded rod for the axle that inserts through the hub (it's a Worksman wheel, i guess that's how they make 'em). so i thought i might be able to get away with just boring out the actual inner hole of the...
  13. fidel rambo

Enlarging fork dropouts

I have some forks with dropouts are a tad to small....is it safe to use a step bit to widen them a little? They're probably like 1/8" too small at the most. Just need to know before I potentially ruin some nice forks.
  14. fidel rambo

Bent springer forks - rideability?

So I am thinking about using a set of 26" bent springer forks on my current build for the stretched lowrider look....but how bad will my crank arms/pedals be scraping? I'm using a Columbia Superb re-issue frame and 26" wheels with Quick Bricks Also, after reading the springer fork thread I'm a...
  15. fidel rambo

I'll (try to) keep this short & sweet

I caught the bike bug this summer, and then contracted bike building fever, because nobody built the kind of bikes I really wanted. I've lurked around here and gotten some inspiration, so many thanks to the community. My first attempt was barely a success...let's just say I don't wanna deal...
Back