Recent content by Floyd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Floyd

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Bad case of Pickeritis pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/d/1930-packard-bicycle/6259662354.html
  2. Floyd

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Do people just not know, or do they try to bait suckers? https://sarasota.craigslist.org/bik/6113604980.html
  3. Floyd

My Ratbike vacation in FL

I tried on here and on FB to round up locals and got exactly one response from a guy who woulda liked to ride but couldn't make it.
  4. Floyd

I believe so. Was a free shirt at a Pittsburgh area bar promotion.
  5. Floyd

i recently returned from FL. Before I went I surfed their CL and secured a horrible deal on this crusty Murray. Guy said he greased the bearings and it seemed to be true. I put new tubes in and bombed the wheels orange. I rode everyday between 15-50 miles! Pics mostly from Siesta Keys and...
  6. Floyd

51 Schwinn

I used a can of polyurethane clear that had been on my shelf forever. I believe it was gloss. The bike was very crusty, so I did a weak oxfolic acid solution dip to knock off the heavy stuff. The best thing though was scoring the tank that matched the original color and current patina!
  7. Floyd

51 Schwinn

Before and after pics. I'm very pleased with how my first cleared rust bike turned out!
  8. Floyd

Anyone rat bikin in Sarasota FL?

I plan on a taking a day the end of this month and ridin in that area. Beaches.... Bars..... Dives..... Anyone up for a ride?
  9. Floyd

79 Mongoose

Nope, one of my buds scored them and hooked me up!
  10. Floyd

79 Mongoose

Made it better!
  11. Floyd

What's in a name ? (Swoope DeVille )

Cant wait to see this one!!
  12. Floyd

79 Mongoose

Im interested. I don't see how to PM here anymore though. ?
  13. Floyd

79 Mongoose

At this point I'd say its likely gonna stay as is. That sticker is just too good! My wife brought home a 70s Columbia ten speed with this seat. Seems to be the same style, just minus the mongoose tag.
  14. Floyd

79 Mongoose

This sticker has me leaning toward leaving it alone. Its cool enough that it says SoCal, but a quick search shows that this shop was pretty good! Anyone have more insight on WES'?
  15. Floyd

79 Mongoose

Changed seatpost to one that allowed me to fit and rode over a dozen miles with the Kool Kats ons Sunday!
Back