Recent content by Georgeediii

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Georgeediii

HUFFY SLANGSHOT

The 20x20 Huffy Slangshot... I started out with the rusty carcass of a 5 speed 68? Rail. It has Coast King badge and was originally marketed as a Rail Cougar 5 but it's a Slangshot now! The biggest cchangei made was to the fork. I was short on both 16" wheels and slingshot forks so I made...
  2. Georgeediii

Huffy Slangshot (formerly the Crusty Cougar)

LETTING MY FINK FLAG FLY!!!! Final piece before pics!!!! I discovered a DIY banner with blank white canvas pennants and I went to town. I would up making 3 different versions so I could experiment with a few things. 1st i drew an image with a sharpie and then put it up to the light so i...
  3. Georgeediii

As luck would have it I stumbled across a dirt cheap Huffy Exercise bike today. I saw the white speedo with a non-black cable and figured it might actually say HUFFY so PERFECT! What I never realized before is that the left handed drives on these are actually just right handed drives flipped...
  4. Georgeediii

Huffy Rail Chain Guard & Shifter both FOUND!

What color gaurd are you looking for?
  5. Georgeediii

Class 1 or Class 2?

Seems like there are quite a few bikes in Class 2 that fit the criteria for Class 1. Am I missing something? Why enter a muscle bike build in Class 2?
  6. Georgeediii

Good to know I'm not alone, but do you guys have a banana tree in the corner? :rockout:
  7. Georgeediii

Added a couple more pieces of flare... the mirror has a white reflector so I thought it fit in but it is far too shiny. The picture was taken mid-rustification.
  8. Georgeediii

Help ID these chainguards please.

One on the bottom left is from an AMF Avenger or something similar.
  9. Georgeediii

A few more bits... sticking with the dirty white theme I added the white grips and some white stem caps. Also had a turn signal unit hanging around that happened to have the same dirty white look so I threw it on too. I used a bunch of old school metal cable clips to tuck everything away...
  10. Georgeediii

Nah. It doesn't get much lift...
  11. Georgeediii

That is a previous build off entry called The Screaming Rabbit. There is a build thread if you want to see more details.
  12. Georgeediii

2 weeks to go! I am adding details this week and taking pictures the next. Found a local (25 miles away) 69-70 plate recently along with a hat...
  13. Georgeediii

The mag sprocket is on and so it the stack. Was back and forth between faded orange and dirty/off white for the paper backing on the guard. Pretty sure I am going to run the white though. Now that the original guard is gone I think I need a name change. Going with the Slangshot from here...
  14. Georgeediii

I got some Rail-Mail today!! Going to use the stack for sure but not sure what else?? Very tempting to swap over to the mag sprocket and short fender but I am kind of partial to the long version with braces for this one.
Back