Recent content by gowjobs

1. gowjobs

Edgelord

I took a grinder out, and clearanced the shock mount brackets a little to clear the bottom bracket with the frame in its new chopper configuration. (I assert that trimming brackets is acceptable under the Class I rules.) Then it was time to mock it up with hoops of my actual intended diameters...
  2. gowjobs

Edgelord

Not a lot of visible progress, but that doesn't mean that I'm not up to evil stuff in the meantime. Anyway: parts ordered, plans made, and political movements are being subverted as I type this. Follow the chemtrails to find out what's next. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  3. gowjobs

Edgelord

I'm down with anti-semanticism. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  4. gowjobs

Duck [emoji1658] Nuggets ('37 Elgin Oriole)

It also means that I will probably change the color scheme and the name of this build. Stay tuned! Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  5. gowjobs

So, the more I think about it, the more I want to swap these 700C rollers with the 28" ones that I currently have on my Mead Ranger project. That means swapping to skip tooth and modifying the fork assembly to clear the taller tire. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  6. gowjobs

Edgelord

If they sell them at Walmart, they must be quality. Suspension? Only of my disbelief. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  7. gowjobs

Edgelord

People like to say the street fighter look is over, but they said the same thing about pineapple on [emoji487]. Mahalo, jerks! Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  8. gowjobs

Edgelord

Yeah, it's got a little flat tracker/cafe/street fighter vibe with that seat and the fork set short, but check out what happens when I extend the forks to full length. Seems kind of stupid to get rid of the suspension, but nobody's that smart to begin with. Style over substance, right? Sent...
  9. gowjobs

Edgelord

First mock-up today was with the forks and swingarm both in "suicide" mode with 24" wheels. Ground clearance is for normies. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  10. gowjobs

I did a little mocking up this afternoon to see how much I am going to need to modify. First of all, I bolted on a bottom bracket meant to adapt the stoker seat on a tandem for kiddie use. In my case, it lets me adjust my bb location until I find a spot I like, at which point, it will be welded...
  11. gowjobs

I have always had a thing for low-slung choppers with raked, gooseneck-style front sections. I like your take on it. Not exactly sure how I am going to reconcile the seat tube-chain stay-down tube intersection yet, once I cut the existing bottom bracket out of it. Sent from my BND-L24 using...
  12. gowjobs

Yes, I cut it off a '70s Schwinn Varsity that had been run over by a car in the rear triangle. I always liked the fillet-brazed look of the Electroforged Schwinn frames. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  13. gowjobs

Edgelord

(Covers mic with left hand) Truthfully? Me too. It's definitely taking some effort for me. (Uncovers mic, clears throat:) Popular wisdom is that, "you can't buy cool." That's just because so many of you poor folk need to feel better about yourselves. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  14. gowjobs

Edgelord

Step 3: Removing flash rust from the fork legs. Admit it, nobody really likes patina. They just say they do because they're too lazy to do anything about it. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
  15. gowjobs

Edgelord

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more it reminds me of crossfit-training vegan bros with tribal tattoos and stretched earlobes. You know, the cool stuff. Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk