Recent content by GuitarlCarl

1. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Acetone .... Seat mockup 7/7

208? Gez, I just went in for a check up and tipped the scales at a flat 230! I wish it was 208... I'm also wondering if some kind of solid bar (or a pair) under the pan continuous to the back of the seat might help? Something unseen but structural. Cool idea bro. Looking forward to the next...
  2. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Odyssey of Flight

Found a correct fender and a basic rear rack with matching chainguard. The fender either needs a rear brace or bobbed... Also got a nice vintage back tire. (All from that 1/2 bike I picked up) GC.
  3. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Acetone .... Seat mockup 7/7

It might be a 24" fork... It'd probably still work on a 26" if it was rockered correctly. Because on a 26" there's a ton of room when done the stock way and less but still plenty flipped. GC.
  4. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Odyssey of Flight

I really like how this bike rides and THAT is as important as anything when building up a new bike. The tank doesn't fit perfect and wouldn't connect under the top tubes like I thought it might. It's crustier on one side than the other and the chainguard isn't exactly the same patina so there's...
  5. GuitarlCarl

BO15 #NeutronBombito

I still haven't picked up any tubing but I've got an idea of what I need. Thanks for the input. I'll be bending a pair of teardrops and they should be strong. But I was schooled as an electrician and I've bent so much conduit, sure the pipe will bend but that's too weak for me. I can bend...
  6. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Splinter (or how I learned to love a LOT of sanding)

Rear dropouts may give you some grief. That little bit of wood on the topside needs to support 1/2 the bike weight and most of yours. Unless you've sandwiched a steel plate in there I'd be critically thinking about it... Looks great though. GC.
  7. GuitarlCarl

BO15 #NeutronBombito

Ok so I've started on the wooden buck. Roughed out my disks with a sawzall. Next will be smoothing out the curves. Went for a pic with my buddy and may have found another project. I've wanted to do a donkey bike ever since I saw @irzouts build yrs ago, and then @deven_science build more...
  8. GuitarlCarl

BO15 #NeutronBombito

My threads got guitars and exercise bikes and jibber jabber, but nothing of the bike I'm building so here's some pics from today. The last ride as Little Neutrino. I still need to get some tubing but I feel like I have plenty of time. GC.
  9. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Odyssey of Flight

Yep like the rat trap you also have to swap them left for right when you flip them forward. GC.
  10. GuitarlCarl

BO15 #NeutronBombito

I finished a Strat today and took it the the shop I work at to sell. I also built the burnt Peavey Tracer next to it and the loaded Strat pickguards GC.
  11. GuitarlCarl

BO15 SteamRoller - (HoleyHigginsRack Ghost Rider Approved)

weld on new dropouts for a mo betta mo room stance. or flip dem forks around... GC.
  12. GuitarlCarl

BO15 Odyssey of Flight

That's not how a rat trap works. I'll try to get a good video. As long as you don't try to pull the hinge pin it's fine. Moving the ends of the arms three or four inches (when the rockers flip) only moves the spring maybe a quarter inch tighter? If you bottomed the tire out you must have not...
  13. GuitarlCarl

BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

In early discussions before this build off I mentioned helping each other out and using the pay it forward when we can. I saw my chance. Help the next guy brother. It'll be good to see it used. Carl.
  14. GuitarlCarl

Oh swapped out... Well there's always class 2 lol GC.
  15. GuitarlCarl

I do have a crusty tank from an Elgin step thru curved seatpost 30's era bike. Has all its guts too. It'll need stripped and repainted for sure. PM me your digits and I'll send it to you. GC.