Recent content by handyandy1100

1. handyandy1100

Columbia Newsboy score

Nice find. Agree with Mr Thunder, a non-cantilever cruiser would be a good thing to have. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  2. handyandy1100

What have you been riding lately?

Took my OP Roller out for a test spin one evening last week. Forgot to go over all the nuts and bolts after swapping parts around on it. Sitting at a stop sign, I was leaning on the handlebars and suddenly they swung around to the right. I lost my balance and down I went. Had to get back up...
  3. handyandy1100

Horsefarmer's fresh finds

With no saddle, how could it have been riden? I would never ride a bike "bareback!" Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  4. handyandy1100

Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  5. handyandy1100

Opie

Yes it does. Thanks for the suggestion. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  6. handyandy1100

Opie

Like this? I'm liking this setup. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  7. handyandy1100

USA bike tour on a budget

WOW! I would spill all the stuff just trying to mount that bike. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  8. handyandy1100

Opie

Another revision of the truss. When I get where I like it I'll pop rivets the pieces together and paint it all black. Except the springs. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  9. handyandy1100

Has anyone made a trike out of a Sears Flightliner/Spaceliner bike?

Or the Wright Brothers? Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  10. handyandy1100

Nexus Suicide Shifter

Here's one I made using a Shimano grip shifter. It's a little more elaborate than most homebrew shifters, but it's solid. Can be made to work with the 3 speed grip shifter too. I started this on a 3 speed then decided to use it on a 7 speed bike instead. It does take some time and patience as...
  11. handyandy1100

How can you vinyl wrap a frame?

It would probably be easier to use Plastidip or similar spray than a wrap if you don't want to lose the original paint. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  12. handyandy1100

First Build Advice

Wheels can be a problem on a low buck build. I wanted to put a 3 speed coaster brake on a bike I paid $35 for. After a year and a half a bike showed up on FB Marketplace that had one with nice aluminum wheels for $40. Not sure you want to wait that long though. How bad are the original wheels...
  13. handyandy1100

Opie

I keep playing with the design of a fork truss that sort of looks like a springer ever since I tried it on my RRBBO13 bike. This time around, I figured out a way to get some springs on it. So now Opie is my faux-springer guinea pig I'm thinking it still needs some work. Anyway, the rest of...
  14. handyandy1100

It sure is quit around here ?

No. All show and no go. LOL Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
  15. handyandy1100

It sure is quit around here ?

Been busy. Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk