Recent content by Hawthorne Larry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Hawthorne Larry

Ann Arbor Custom Bike Show - April 24

Hello all this is Larry here I run the Ann Arbor Custom/Rat Bike show. The show is in building E Entry fee is $5 per bicycle Entry's will be received starting at 9 Am - 1:30 PM There are 2 classes this year Custom bicycle and Rat Rod. There are plaques for 1st place in each class. Alan Mays...
  2. Hawthorne Larry

CONGRATS TO LARRY HORNSBY

I totally agree There are some amazing bikes out there! Great idea It would be great to see a national publication on the newstands about what we do
  3. Hawthorne Larry

Wow that's a great find and research! I have never seen another one either. Ditto on my Shelby I know the year but all the info I could find was on the Lindy's. I have never seen another headbadge like mine either there all newer models! Great bikes we have here Enjoy Larry
  4. Hawthorne Larry

Very cool bike you have there! I love the Motorbike era stuff. Did you figure out a year and mfg on yours?
  5. Hawthorne Larry

Thank you very much I appreciate the mention very much!!
  6. Hawthorne Larry

Ann Arbor Hot Rod/ Rat Show

Thank you very much for your reply and the great Photos I appreciate the help! Congrats on your award Great Elgin you have there! I have forwarded the info to Paul. As soon as the photos posted on his website or the Ann Arbor Bike Show Facebook I will let you know. Glad you enjoyed the show see...
  7. Hawthorne Larry

I'm sorry I am having a hard time loading the few photos I took. I am getting up to speed with my flicker. Also I did not get the name of the runner up. I know he is from Chicago area. If anyone knows him please have him contact me. [email protected]. I will fwd this info so his name can...
  8. Hawthorne Larry

Hello everyone Larry here . Just a quick note to let everyone know I am organizing a hot rod/rat Rod bicycle show. Sunday April 26. This is held in conjunction with the Ann Arbor /Saline Classic Bicycle Show. The address is 5055 Ann Arbor – Saline Road. Ann Arbor, MI 48103 This will be held...
  9. Hawthorne Larry

Rat Rod Show Ann Arbor Bike show 4-27-2014

Also posted above
  10. Hawthorne Larry

Awesome thank you for your support ! Stop by and say hi!! I'm in building E . Bring what ever if you can all rats done or not are welcome !!! I have heard of the ride you speak of . I will be making it out to one this summer for sure!!!
  11. Hawthorne Larry

Hello Larry here. Just a quick note to let everyone who is going to the Ann Arbor Swap Meet in Michigan , I am hosting a " Rat Rod " show in building E. As the show chairman I am looking for our style of bikes, Hot Rods, Rats resto mods, Board trackers etc. Please no bmx ,road , mtn,or...
  12. Hawthorne Larry

Bicycle Don Van Cleave. Funeral

It is with heavy heart that I inform everyone. Don Van cleave from Al Petri and Sons Lincoln Park Mi also know as "bicycle Don" has passed away. He lost the battle with a rare form of bladder cancer...
  13. Hawthorne Larry

sears bike

Also general rule of thumb, is that Sears droped the J.C.Higgins name and started using Sears on all there models in 1964
  14. Hawthorne Larry

sears bike

The first number after the 502 sufex indacates the year. It is a 1964 in the case the 4 = 1964 most Murray built bikes of this era can be I.D. like this. Hope it helpes :D
  15. Hawthorne Larry

Pulled out of a ravine

The frame is no newer than 1939. Schwinn started making them with the bend in them After that. Also the chainring is Schwinn. There is a date code on the crankset sometimes it's just some casting marks and numbers. Like month and day sometimes year. There's some good info on web searches on...
Back