Recent content by HBob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HBob

NEXT Blood Clot.

I took one look at the "before" pic and thought, "This is gonna be a lame build." Boy was I wrong! Wow! What a transformation! Those tires are great with that paint. Really nice!
  2. HBob

Cream Tires OR Blackwalls

Cream!
  3. HBob

Vintage bicycle commercials

Check out the old codger at the end of this bike ad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpdOULA ... re=related
  4. HBob

Vintage bicycle commercials

Cool stuff! Spanky roomed with my father-in-law for a while in the 1950s in Dallas. Said the poor guy was always broke.
  5. HBob

OPINION PLEASE!

Cool!
  6. HBob

You "walk" your dog on a bike?

Dogs and bikes don't mix around our house anymore. We used to put our Jack Russell Terrier in a basket on my wife's bike and harness him in tight. We used to go out on the bike path and visit the parks in the neighborhood. One day a squirrel ran in front of my wife's bike and the dog cleared...
  7. HBob

Lesson on Pedal Scrapin

My pedal has scrapped lightly a couple of times on the same corner recently during rides. It's good for a quick adrenalin rush!
  8. HBob

Ebay Key Words whats the best?

Speek for yoursefl, jurk!
  9. HBob

Craigs List experience

I sold a chair on Craig's List without a hitch. Everything other than that had to go to re-sale shops or into a garage sale. I had a GREAT experience at a garage sale a couple of years ago. A guy wanted some speakers I had for sale super-cheap. I mean SUPER cheap. I went down on the price...
  10. HBob

Bike/Music store?

I still kick myself for not getting a Sovtek 50 watt guitar head a few years ago. I did get their 4x12 pine cabinet though.
  11. HBob

Bike/Music store?

He would probably do better carrying the more obscure boutique stuff. The stuff you won't find at Guitar Center. Maybe do consignment sales for locals. Maybe make his own line if he's that far into it. I collect guitar pedals and it's gotten to be a very competitive market. Hard to keep up...
  12. HBob

What do you listen to when you ride?

The guy who trims my trees ( both of 'em ) is friends with "Horton". Says he's a really nice guy.
  13. HBob

Is that a Gretsch you got in the house?
  14. HBob

I hear ya. I do miss the whirr of the tires on pavement sometimes. Asphalt's even better.
  15. HBob

Bringing along an iPod has become a big part of my going for a ride these days. (I ride on bike paths so hearing the traffic isn't that big a deal and I don't turn it up too loud.) Current favorite ride music this last month; Yo La Tengo Pere Ubu Pixies
Back