Recent content by hechtrod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. hechtrod

JC Higgins bare metal with scallopped tank

Ha ha ha, ya. The seat works good. Much better than the banana seat that was on there when I got it. :) That seat hurt man! ha ha Thanks for the compliments.
  2. hechtrod

JC Higgins bare metal with scallopped tank

So, I've had this bike for a year. I bought it for $80. Last year I flipped the forks and then rode it. Then I picked up an ape hangar bike that the ad was called a Schwinn. Not sure. Anyway, I used some spray can paint stripper and went to town. Then, I grabbed some sandpaper in the...
  3. hechtrod

The Lead Sled

That is a cool bike. Some good inspiration for my JC Higgs. Thanks for posting!
  4. hechtrod

the Navigator - DONE!

Re: the Navigator "I am...the Navigator" That was a sweet movie. This should be a cool bike!
  5. hechtrod

The StretchLiner

Glad you escaped the flood. This build is cool looking so far. I think stretched bikes are cool. I wish I had a welder or could weld. Keep the pics coming!
  6. hechtrod

Hechtrod's Resto Higgins-"Salt Liner"

I knew it was a JC Higgins. Today I finally took to sanding the tank. I was on it about an hour, ready to go in for dinner and started sanding the logo area. I was surprised to see that JC Higgins began to appear from underneath all that red, white, green, red paint. I have confirmed finally...
  7. hechtrod

In-N-Out Cruiser Rod

OK, here's my build thread. Here's some pics of it so far. The bike is pretty close. I just bought it last week, actually traded my '87 Road Bike for it. It's got working lights, sweet monkey bars, a lame-o purple banana seat cover, white walls. It's got a pretty good paint job. My goal is...
  8. hechtrod

New pics added! Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod

New pics, finally... Here's some pics I finally took today of my In-N-Out Burger Cruiser rod. I swapped my Rickster Schwinn grips over to this bike from the Salt Flyer, so now they're on a schwinn. I need to get rid of that purple seat cover and find a better color, maybe yellow or...
  9. hechtrod

Purple Pavement Pounder - Take 2

Yeah, that was the same way I felt when I flipped my cruiser bars upside down. Looked cool, but not too fun to ride. Can't wait to see the 24's on there. I dig monkey bars, I've got some on my new second bike. Have you seen pics of that yet? I am thinking an In-n-out theme on that one...
  10. hechtrod

Rat Rod Bikes in the news!!!!

Way to go guys! That was a cool read. Agreed, these bikes are not exactly easy riders, but that's not why we ride them is it? ;)
  11. hechtrod

Daily Drivers

Nice bikes and cool Type3. My favorite aircooleds are T3's.
  12. hechtrod

Purple Pavement Pounder - Take 2

Ricky! Sweet. Just picked up my second bike. I've changed my Salt Flyer multiple times. I agree, rat bikes are never done. They just keep evolving. It's so fun! Keep the mods and pics coming man!
  13. hechtrod

Re: Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod Ok, well I made the trade and picked up the INnOut bike this afternoon. The seat needs to go. At least the purple faux suede stuff. Maybe some red and yellow InNOut color seat material. :) The handle bar grips need to go. They're a plasticy...
  14. hechtrod

Re: Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod In-N-Out is a family run biz. They don't let franchises just anywhere. I was in Cali last week and we ate there 3 times. Best Burger in the world. I didn't really appreciate it until I left Cali. Brig, yeah, my wife is already wondering why I'm...
  15. hechtrod

So, I'm planning on trading a local guy this bike above for my old road bike. It looks to be in great shape and mostly done, but of course I'll have to do some things to make it my own. The white light tank looks like it will fit my "In-N-Out" decals perfectly. I'll likely do something...
Back