Recent content by hoosierider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

2016 SCHWINN AEROVANE CRUISER - REVIEW

I snagged the Swindler at a Wallyworld in Huntsville, AL last weekend for $79! I could not pass it up at that price. It was already built, so I'm sure it's completely devoid of grease and things, but in my 10 minute ride, it worked well. I'm a larger individual, so the longish frame fit me...
  2. H

wonder indiana

I'm in Warsaw, about 1.5 miles from the Winona Lake trail network, any mountain bike dudes should check that place out, miles of trails from full on scary stuff to nice and smooth, something for all riders. There is a Fat and Skinny Tire festival every fall here as well, several days of bike...
  3. H

1st time BMX post... Mongoose Kos Kruiser!

Just stumbled on your thread, congrats, man, I keep waiting for my version of that story to happen. Did you ever "peddle" it? Just curious, I'm all invested in moving my wife and myself, she's told me no more bikes till I get the next place bought.
  4. H

VOTE HERE! - RRBBO3

Man, as everybody said, that was not easy. I spent the obligatory 40 minutes clicking back and forth from pic to pic. It's hard to narrow the choices down from so many categories - board track, muscle, antique, crazy customs, etc, but I ended up going with the same criteria Road and Track...
  5. H

La Porte In.

He's talking about Etna Green, it's right on 19/us30. Little tiny town, makes LaPorte look like NYC. I know cause I'm from just down the road in Warsaw.
  6. H

KONA Humu Humu &*^^%%$

WHO MOO WHO MOO NEW KOO NEW KOO AH POOH AH AH, that's one of the only things I learned when I lived in Hawaii. That and that I don't care for poi.
  7. H

Starting with a new bike?

I'm in the middle of a buildup of a Huffy I got at Kmart. It's a Beach Cruiser type of thing, I just tore it down, took the frame to bare metal, cut off a couple tabs for chainguard, etc and it's supposed to be coming back from powdercoater today. I'm doing a retro/BMX-ish thing with it and I...
  8. H

My first motorcycle

I've got the old Honda disease, too! I'll throw up some pics one day. Those V65 motors are very strong-running, be alert! I always liked the Sabre over the quasi-Harley Magnas.
  9. H

The Power of Coca Cola

A little bit of Coke and some aluminum foil used as a scrubbing pad will do wonders on rusty chrome. Not to mention your teeth!!!
  10. H

Opinions on re-pop parts and imported bikes?

I'm building a Kmart Huffy into something I think will really look cool right now, the frame was supposed to be back from the powdercoater today. I got it for $55 cause the chainguard, fenders, cranks and bars, etc. had rust on them from sitting outside for too long. I threw all that crap...
  11. H

Huffy Thunder Road pic! Anyone else have one of these?

Sure, I had one. My brother and I got them for Christmas in 1976, I think. My Dad was a pilot for a small foundry in town, and every Xmas, they'd let us use the plane for a trip to see his parents in Florida. He packed 2 of those things, unbeknownst to us boys, into the front end of the...
  12. H

Wow, you guys all have the same disease I do!

Yeah, I need a bigger shop/garage/barn for all my junk. Heck, I'd live in it, too if necessary! I'm in Warsaw, the intersection of 15 and 30.
  13. H

Wow, you guys all have the same disease I do!

Hey, just found this place and couldn't wait to join up. I'm anxious to really dig into the gallery, looks like some really slick rides on here. I'm an older, fatter version of my BMX self and can't do the jumpin and railin like I (really never) could, so these bikes are just what I need...
Back