Recent content by hugh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

2 different delta scratch built trikes

I,ve got 2 built from scratch delta trikes. One runs 26" fat tires and has a blue coroplast body. It is used on cold and/or rainy days. It has a 500 watt 48 V Bafang BBSO2 motor. It has 2 17.5 batteries behind the seat. Between the tires and the weight of this thing the E assist is really...
  2. H

Trike drive wheel

I have built 2 delta trikes, the fat tire one with a coro body uses a jackshaft to make the left side the drive wheel. The low rider version on 20" wheels uses the right side as the drive wheel. Both work great and I,ve never noticed any tendency to pull to either side when riding. Also both are...
  3. H

Name is Hugh

Hi, I live in Winnipeg, located in Canada about 150 miles north of Grand Forks N. Dak. I build some bikes from scratch and am into adding electric assist. The homemade ones are so far always trikes, first was a tadpole trike with a rear hub motor. That was ridden for a few thousand km's. Then a...
  4. H

homemade enclosed fat e delta

Yes range is decreased in cold. I went out a couple times at 20 below C and it was noticeable, maybe a third less. As you can see the back is enclosed so what I did was cut a couple pieces of that blue camping foam and loosely wrapped the batteries top and bottom with the foam. A cheap...
  5. H

homemade enclosed fat e delta

I decided to build myself a fat tire delta trike with a Bafang BBSO2 motor. Started it last fall and put a few hundred km's on before adding a coroplast body for wind and weather protection. So far it has exceeded my expectations. I live in the Canadian province of Manitoba and we definitely get...
Back