Recent content by JA331

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JA331

'87 Schwinn Cruiser find

Giant built Schwinn, most likely in Taiwan. Great quality and base for a build. It should be lighter than a Chicago built Schwinn as they were Tig welded.
  2. JA331

What have you been riding lately?

First ride on my rebuilt ‘51 Panther, the first Schwinn frame i bought in 2008. I’ve changed this bike a heap of times over the years but it was begging for new paint. I had the frame powder coated and painted the tank and bars. I extended the bars 3 inches, stiffened up the springer and...
  3. JA331

SE Bikes Lager ss/fixie

The thick slicks have a thick inner layer to prevent punctures. I have them on two 29” bikes and wouldn’t say they are heavy for the type of tire they are. In comparison a duro 26” cruiser tire is close to 1kg or even more. The thickslicks handle and roll great too.
  4. JA331

I got out of the office after midday for a 2 hour blast around town on the 29” Big Style. Some of the most incredible cast iron lacework I have seen on a home in the city. Followed by the stunning multicolored, tuckpointed brickwork on St Judes Church, completed in 1874. The work around the...
  5. JA331

Ready for powder

I went with black and chrome on my ‘53. I’m waiting for a mate to lace the rear wheel. I contemplated fitting a set of 3 piece black cranks too. I had the frame powdercoated and painted the bars and tank myself. For a 2 color scheme if powder coating, I believe you would need to powder coat...
  6. JA331

ORBO Down and dirty klunker

Who wouldn’t love a slammed together CWc klunker. Well done.
  7. JA331

Photos from my most recent rides. Uptown Melbourne on the 41 Sears Collegiate aka Teenage Dirtbag 41 Colson Loopie 56 Hornet at Brighton Beach Albert Park F1 Circuit, the smoothest road in town Early morning ride on the 2012 Kos to Williamstown pausing to watch the black swans 98...
  8. JA331

ORBO FYA - Functional Yard Art

Sweet looking rat
  9. JA331

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Great looking bike. Looks a blast to ride.
  10. JA331

ORBO The Canal Crawler

Light is good.
  11. JA331

SWB0 🇭🇲 '82 Malvern Star Sprint 12

Sweet ride and presentation. Beautiful pics. My father bought a new Malvern Star in the 1940’s to ride the 10 miles to the nearest train station. He worked at a radio factory in town. A week after he bought it, someone knocked it off.
  12. JA331

coaster brake challenge 31

Just awesome!
  13. JA331

BMX BANDITS

I think Nic was riding a Malvern Star Supermax.
  14. JA331

Yesterday was one of a handful of days like it. Today, it wasn’t supposed to rain until later but 5 minutes after I pulled out my mower this morning it started pouring!
Back