Recent content by JaxRhapsody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JaxRhapsody

Bikes I likes

Yep, that's it. Was dissapointed to see it was steel. And it's hard to tell if it's bigger than a Cranbrook.
  2. JaxRhapsody

The Last of the Gig Mata Felts

Thanks. At the moment, unless a job comes along, I'm sol. Yeah, I wanted the dual drive just for aesthetics.
  3. JaxRhapsody

The Cobbler

I have also two different ashtabula bmx 3pc I can put on it, once I get bolts for them. I love Cranbrooks, but I kinda want a bigger lighter frame to swap the parts on. I've been seeing these new cruisers everywhere, that look alloy, and might be bigger, no clue what they are.
  4. JaxRhapsody

The Cobbler

I needed a spare bike and threw this one together. I did welding, so it counts as a build. I made cable guides from an ink pen I cut up and zip tied them on there. I think it has that muscle bike look, with that 650b back wheel.Last one was me at a bar with zero bike parking. There was a group...
  5. JaxRhapsody

Boardtracker / Antique motorcycle style bicycle build

The Darley-Havidson is looking pretty good. I think I might take my moped to a more boardtracker look, than cafe racer. Also chrome is hard to paint, the colors are limited, but duplicolor makes a paint called Metalcast that's designed to cover chrome and alloys with a anodized look. Also you...
  6. JaxRhapsody

Next Lajolla aluminum frame project

They're small cruisers, I have one. I always liked the way they looked, and they're light. Mine is an ongoing project as I source more red stuff for it. And I want a front brake that's not a sidepull.
  7. JaxRhapsody

The Last of the Gig Mata Felts

Girvins are hard as shiznit to find- I found one on ebay for super chrap, about 4 days before the auxtion ended, made a bid and then everybody and they greasy grandmammie wanted in on it. I needed it for a build, and to reverse engineer for another project. How's you do that doublr chain setup...
  8. JaxRhapsody

Bikes I likes

As of last month or so; I've been seeing this cruiser all over the place, and I kinda like it. At first I thought it was geared only, but I've seen a few ss versions, I saw a blue one, but most are silver. I don't know what the frame is, I just call it a false cantilever, because it looks like a...
  9. JaxRhapsody

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Sounds awesome.
  10. JaxRhapsody

How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Years ago I wanted a single global name, so it was J.Rhapsody, and I wanted a first name, and Jax just came to me. I've used several avatars over the years, but somebody I knew made a neme of me with some iphone app, so I saved it, and started using it everywhere it'd fit, few years back.
  11. JaxRhapsody

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

I wasn't aware that those tires had been around so long. I usually avoid/throw away those tires commonly found on walmart mtbs, that's why I was curious.
  12. JaxRhapsody

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

A few of yall have those bso mtb tires, are those actually decent offroad?
  13. JaxRhapsody

Tires? Who do we like to replace OEM tires?

Anything I can get at a lbs, that isn't generic cruiser tires. Last ratrod had Kenda Kwest. My LaJolla has these red Chin Shen tires on them. My Cranbrook has two different tires and wheel sizes, don't remember what they are, but the treads are almost exactly the same.
  14. JaxRhapsody

Need 26 x 2.125 larger/taller Street/Cruiser replacement tire suggestion?

The formating really got screwed up on that post,Im trying to say that if you had newer generic rims,or just newer in general,they're narrower and have a bead flange,thus you can run a higher pressure,and that combo will make the tire taller,and it MAY be narrower as a result,that depends on the...
  15. JaxRhapsody

Need 26 x 2.125 larger/taller Street/Cruiser replacement tire suggestion?

It's not the hieght, it's the diameter. A 26" tire... or 559mm, is around two feet tall. It's the inner diameter that measures 26", so that would be the bead. The outer diameter can be any size. I have two different size Kenda Kwest from my old ratrod, and the wider one is taller, the wider a...
Back