Recent content by jmt788

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Not sure what the bars are. They might have come off a 80s Schwinn Cruiser. I put a parts list in the finished bike post.
  2. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Here is the link to the finished bike viewtopic.php?f=78&t=75631
  3. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Here are some more pics of the finished bike. Decided to multi-geared So it wouldn't be too similar to Socal's Klunker. Parts breakdown Schwinn Admiral frame Tange Forks Brooks B72 saddle Suntour Cyclone derailleurs Suntour Mighty Shifters Araya 7x Rims SA drum brakes, Diacompe levers, 6...
  4. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Finished it up this afternoon. Took it for a 10 min spin. Still needs some minor tweaking. First thing is to lengthen the chain.
  5. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Yesterday I got the bike all mocked up. Lots of little things needed to be tweaked to get things to work together. Also realized I had two rear tires on the bike. Took it down to the bike coop to realign the dropouts.
  6. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

Here are the wheels I decided to use. Pulled the old hubs off a Dutch commuter bike. Rims are Araya 7X. Started fitting things and discovered the crank spindle was a little too short. They are Lambert cranks, which use a special spindle. Decided to use these Nervar cranks for now. I...
  7. J

1937 Schwinn Klunker

I wasn't going to enter this since It was so late, but here is my 3 day Klunker build. Originally I was going to do a Klunker with a nice paint/powder job, but my do it yourself powder place folded. These are the original parts I was going to use. Seeing all the other Klunker inspired me...
  8. J

CWC Frame Date Question

I have this CWC frame. The serial number is E89439 and there is no suffix of any type. I'm curious about the year of the frame and what it might have originally been badged as. Thanks.
  9. J

30's Goodyear Cruiser

The tires are Specialized Hemisphere Ex. Don't remember what they were originally on, but decided to use them since they can handle 80 psi.
  10. J

30's Goodyear Cruiser

Got the frame from a member here. Still need to dial it in, but it is basically done. 1937 Goodyear Wings deluxe frame powdered Futuristic black Schwinn Sidewinder forks Profile cranks and chainwheel Shark bite pedals Araya 7X rims (Nexus 7, SA drum)
  11. J

What Color Should I Paint/Powder This?

I think it is a Shelby made frame, around 37.
  12. J

What Color Should I Paint/Powder This?

This is my current project and I am having a hard time deciding what color to go with. The final build won't have the chrome Torker forks on it. Other choices are chrome Schwinn BMX, painted Akisu BMX or prewar Schwinn bladed with truss rods. Leaning towards the prewar Schwinn forks. Might...
  13. J

◄◄ 55 SPITFIRE ►►

Those chainguard tabs are on there pretty good. I tried torching one off a 55 frame as well and didn't have much luck. I just left it on as I didn't want to grind on the frame.
  14. J

Mongoose Commuter/MTB

No, it has horizontal dropouts. Just using one of those hanger adapters.
  15. J

Mongoose Commuter/MTB

Built this up from a chrome mongoose frame/fork and parts off various other bikes including a Schwinn Cimarron. Parts probably range from late 80s to late 90s. Check out the head tube on this thing. It is a big bike.
Back