Recent content by Jude Ephesus

1. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast Flying Tiger Bike

Totally cool insight! I had no idea the nose art went back that far! Thanks for the education!
  2. Jude Ephesus

The bike was super rough. I was either going to have a ton of time or money into repairing or replacing a number of key components. I scored a super clean vintage Huffy women’s bike off Craigslist for $20. I already tore the bike to pieces and salvaged everything but the frame. The Huffy had...
  3. Jude Ephesus

One note, I thought the decals looked small on the tank. I went up 2 sizes to a 12” x 7” decal. Once I get it, I’ll add. Should be in later this week.
  4. Jude Ephesus

Hey guys, Thanks for letting me crash the party with a bike I started back in early September. The plan from the start was a 26” “muscle bike-ish” cruiser. I’ve been wanting a 26” banana seat bike for sometime, scored a cool tank bike cheap and am now getting around to the build. The bike...
  5. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Hey guys, I’m moving this build over to the winter / MBBO page. See you there!!!!
  6. Jude Ephesus

MBBO/BMXBO 2020-2021 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

I just found this was going on! I actually started building a 26” muscle bike in early September! I think I’ll meet all 3 of the rules in the class 1build..... Can I enter my ‘61 rollfast even though I started building in September?
  7. Jude Ephesus

GT Nomad

I hear ya! The bike is pretty cool. I’ve been looking for a cheap women’s hybrid to use for parts to hop up my collegiate.... just wanted some cheap, straight, LIGHT wheels. Found this thing instead! I think it’ll fit the bil.... maybe someone on Craigslist will build the thing out.
  8. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

I painted the rims green. It wasn’t exactly how I planned it, but it was cheap.
  9. Jude Ephesus

GT Nomad

It has the chromoly frame... Sort of cool. I took it for a quick spin a little bit ago. It’s super light compared to my POS trek 3900. Lol It definitely has some wear on it, but someone should be able to bring some life into this thing. A lot there for $25!
  10. Jude Ephesus

GT Nomad

Meh; $25 Couldn’t say no. My wife has a Raleigh hybrid with a broken suspension seat post; this will fix it!!!! I’m going to try to put the 700c wheels on my Schwinn Collegiate. Maybe the handlebars too if I can get them to fit. Will try to sell the frame, fork and components to recoup my $25.
  11. Jude Ephesus

Chrome Molly

Love it! Great to hear from you @Wildcat ! I have not seen you for a while, knew you were moving from Hawaii, but was not sure where you landed! Hope all is well. The build os awesome. How did you bring back and create that epic shine?
  12. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Epic! Roll fast and everything!!!! I definitely love how you filled out the whole tank!!!!
  13. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Thanks @hamppea . I hope you are doing well. I’m still logging about 100 miles a week, but not quite the frequency (or distances) we were doing in August. I’m back on the trek 3900 with like one ride a week on the western flyer. The paint is just Lowe’s rattle can rustoleum. It’s a...
  14. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Thanks CA! I couldn’t wait. I’m right with you! I ordered a new set and actually went 2 sizes up. Like 12” x 7”. I’d rather trim a little and have the whole tank filled out than to have it undersized. We’ll see what it looks like when it gets here! The larger decal I’m guessing will be...
  15. Jude Ephesus

1961 Rollfast

Meh.... Put some color on it and got my decals in. Definitely love how it’s coming together. I will put pinstripes on the edges of the green to clean the lines up. The large tank devoured the 7” x 4” mouth.... as the decals are relatively inexpensive, I’m actually thinking of shelving these...