Recent content by Kevin Burns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 36718450_10156637470782376_2285961012895023104_n

36718450_10156637470782376_2285961012895023104_n

2. my bikes

my bikes

bikes
  3. Kevin Burns

GT or Dyno or ? Please help ID this BMX bicycle...

The problem with department store bikes is the heat treating or lack of. heat Treating takes a long time in a manufacturing stand point so this cost money to do, money the budget brands would rather not spend. Yes they look strong and all, but they lack heat treating or the heat treating is done...
  4. Kevin Burns

He does not have a GT or Dyno, he has a magna department store bike. Magna is an American bicycle brand owned by Dynacraft BSC.
  5. Kevin Burns

You have a department store Magna.
  6. Kevin Burns

Red lester Mag Wheel

I am looking for set front and rear in yellow with the reflector mounts still intact. So you never know who is looking for one.
  7. Kevin Burns

Red lester Mag Wheel

A lot of people looking for Lester Mags. A lot of people will spend around 35 for the wheel and 25 to ship priority mail, bike flights is good for bikes but a wheel priority mail is just fine. So at 75 shipped is not a bad deal at all considering yours is in like new condition. it is the old...
  8. Kevin Burns

I have never seen a Dyno or GT with welded on chain guard tabs, or a kick stand log/mount. A department store bike I think "Chaos" or even pacific bike co., tried and produced a GT Power Series knock off. But in alloy I don't know, I think they were steel. There is an Asian market who copies our...
  9. Kevin Burns

Found a Hutch

Even though it is sold, you had a Taiwan Hutch as seen in your photos. The Taiwan pro Racers are known as the unknown Taiwan Hutch. I don't know why this is but they are. To tell the three apart is somewhat easy. US and Japanese frames have "drilled" Vent holes in the rear ends looptail, in...
  10. Kevin Burns

Raleigh Rat Mailbox Bike

Cracked tires? LOL... Ever see the true story of the worlds fastest Indian? That guy was setting land speed records with cracked tires to a point the officials would not him run. He hid the cracks and ran them. So cracked tires at 250mph v's cracked tires at 3mph. :) Ill risk it!! LOL
  11. Kevin Burns

RRBBO13 Naked Trekie

I used to be a auto detailer in my youth 20 years exp. We would have to remove stickers, pint strip, and stuff like that. There is a simple trick when using a razor blade to do this. The trick is to prep the razor blade before scraping the blade across any painted surface. Curving the sharp...
  12. Kevin Burns

Vintage Set NOS CARLISLE ZEPHER FLYTE USA FOR 24 Inch BIKES 24 X 1.75 NOS

Get them while you can, if after so long no hits I usually end listings and put items away for safe keeping, never to see the day of light again. This may be the last set of Zephyr tires in perfect shape you might see. This listing will self destruct in 3 days.
  13. Kevin Burns

1967 Sears Spyder 20" 5-speed

That bike is enough to make a pure BMXer turn Muscle Bike only. :)
  14. Kevin Burns

RRBBO13 Old Goat (《 94 Proflex 》 )

I do own a MTb my hate is not for the MTB but the soccer mom-ish attitude of both male and female MTB riders in general that stems from the 80's. LOL They rode 400.00 bikes thinking they them selves were better than the rest while wearing store bought by themselves, sponsor style MTB riding gear...
  15. Kevin Burns

RRBBO13 Old Goat (《 94 Proflex 》 )

Talking about the MTB movement of the 80's, have I got a story for you. 1984/85-ish I was growing up in the concrete jungle of The City of Chicago, and racing BMX in Illinois under NBL sanctions on a Hutch Expert racer with Pro Class hoops, Hutch Ti hubs, and Double Butted ss Spokes, Needle...
Back