Recent content by Ldog33

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Homemade Fat Tire Whitewalls

Apply 2 coats of the plastidip black first, then apply the white.
  2. L

Price of powder coating?

Most shops will take the PC that you give them if its not a stock color. There are a few really good on-line companies that offer all sorts of colors, sheens, etc.. If doing a frame, forks, etc. Its best to buy 2 lbs to be safe.
  3. L

2015 FELT RED WOLFE CRUISER - FULL REVIEW

Cool bike, but I don't get the forks which leads me to believe he really didn't have much to say on the build. Felt:.. "Here's the bike." Mike.."Cool" The forks do not go along with how this guy cherishes old school bikes is all. I would think that if he had input he would have put the kibosh on...
  4. L

What the heck???

And that my friend is how one gets their bike stolen.
  5. L

Clear coat flat black?

Leave it alone, no reason to use clear.
  6. L

Clear Coat Sucks

^^^ What he said, I see so many people clear things that do not need it. Single stage paints work just fine, it's really only when you go two stage that you need clear. Plus, most clears that come out of a rattle can yellow after a few years. Heck, I have a single stage paint job on one of my...
  7. L

Fitting 4 inch (100mm) wide wheel onto Ruff Tango??

^^^, what he said. Same thing on my porucho, just grab a long 2x4 and bend the drop on one side, then flipping and doing the other.
  8. L

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

I have a nightmare story about what transpired last night. I put my son’s bike for sale on cl. This was his first bike, learned how to ride on it, super clean. A person emails and says it's sold that he will take it, but someone else will pick it up, I say ok he says the person can't pick it up...
  9. L

Chip Foose bikes

The red bike is cool, the black, whatever. The only thing I like on the black bike is the fender.
  10. L

Porucho..

Here's a pic of the bike I completed last year. Frame: Ruff Porucho Fork: Custom made from Pedal Chopper Wheels: 24x4 from ChoppersUS, Matte black, chrome spokes. Tires: 4" from classic-cycle Seat: Geyes that I stitched with black and white nylon shoe laces. Seat post: Made/bent by one of our...
  11. L

Was drag racing really that big?

My parents took us to every drag race for years, sears point, freemont, etc. Plus, they took us to all sorts of car races at the same venues as well as laguna. I wanted a muscle bike so bad back then and they bought me one with the big old shifter mounted right where one could lose all forms of...
  12. L

26x2.4 MTB tires on Klunk

Sure, why not.
  13. L

Cool bikes for kids

Buy a balance bike, no pedals. My son had a strider at age 2, at age 4 I put him on a 16" bike with not training wheels and he was pedaling away in 5 mins. His GP's bought him on of those POS spiderman bikes and he never rode it. But I was able to take the seat, and wheels off the bike and put...
  14. L

Mongoose Beast Shreads at Sea Otter Classic

You think that bike is heavy, you should ride my Ruff, what a tank!
Back