Recent content by legburner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Here's my Rat. I've posted Picts of it before but made a few changes so here it is.... Again!!!
  2. legburner

8 speed MP

The thing is a beauty. Great job.
  3. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Nice bikes. Where did you get the 80mm rims and can I use my existing hubs?
  4. legburner

Big Daddio got a face lift

Not sure what the diameter but I got it from LBS. I'd like to ditch it some day and make my own. The braided line made the bike pop a little. :shock:
  5. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Thanks, the BBQ is next on the renovation list. I have some pretty cool ideas for it. As far as the shifter cable bend, I got it at my local bike shop. They should have them for you.
  6. legburner

Big Daddio got a face lift

Re: Big Daddio got a face lift AGAIN :roll: It happened again and I will blame it on my good friend HALFLINK. He just happened to ask me a month or so ago what I was going to do next to the bike. I said, "nothing, I like it just the way it is". So now she sports a redesigned tank, new...
  7. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Well, I cant leave well enough alone so here you go. This bike has been upgraded and changed so many times it's ridiculous. I'm finally realizing that a new project is in order but until then enjoy my beauty. I'm proud of the recent change to the lighting system. I now have the head lights...
  8. legburner

How to best protect raw/rusty frame?

I stripped my frame down to bare metal then clear coated it. After a day or so when it dried it started to look milky. I eventually had to strip it down again and start over. I now just rub it with WD40 once in a while.
  9. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

10. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I 3rd the tank. I know the bracket is on the down tube but u can just cut around it and it would still look great. Just do it man. :wink:
  11. legburner

b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

I think this thing looks killer as is. It's ratty as heck and you know it'll stop people in thier tracks for a look. :shock: I like the stickers on the rear wheel the most. :D
  12. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I get the first ride. I'll hold the beers. You think it'll support my 220 lb butt? :shock: I can just see us ridin this down the road with goggles on and our hats backwards. :D
  13. legburner

Shoe polish on bare metal?

I recently stripped mine down to bare metal and cleared it. Obviously the clear clouded on me and looked horrible. I restripped and then rubbed it with WD40 and I'm very happy. In my area its not that humid so I only need to rub it down once every couple weeks. It may not be the look your...
  14. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I'm not sure I like it... I think you should start over! :shock: :D :shock: :D
  15. legburner

Rat Fink

I like it much better this way. Original was nice but what you've done is much nicer. Perhaps some black pin striping on the top tube would look good. Maybe even a short rear fender with striping as well. Either way it's killer... nice job.
Back