Recent content by loser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. loser

1960 Schwinn Tiger (my first save)

Drive wheel done!
  2. loser

The wheels were so rusty I had to cut the spokes out. Westwoods had to hit the trash unfortunately. Bearings and races were in great shape. Went to my LBS for spoke calculation because it was WAY over my head lol! Cut some new spokes and built my first wheel! Now to try to true it lol!
  3. loser

Rusty but Trusty

I stand corrected! That IS rusty!!!
  4. loser

New Guy

Thanks man!
  5. loser

I'm going to have to try it. It will be garage kept but not climate controlled. I live in Indiana. I'm a fair weather rider though so hopefully it will last. Thanks for the info!
  6. loser

Rusty but Trusty

Unbelievable! That's crazy! Nice work! Now I'm embarrassed lol!
  7. loser

Super Evil Beaver - a build from germany...

Re: Evil V - RRBBO8 - a build from germany... Wow! That bike is SICK!!! Nice work man!
  8. loser

So far so good! From what I have read it will remove the rust but it can come back. How is the turtle wax on keeping it away?
  9. loser

New Guy

Thank you. Having fun already!
  10. loser

Rusty but Trusty

Thanks B607! Good idea, I will leave all of those things on there. I may have to replace the handlebars though. They are so rusty the chrome is falling off. I do like their style though. I am going to relace the wheels since there was some broken spokes and I would like to retain the original...
  11. loser

Rusty but Trusty

Thanks Outlaw!
  12. loser

Before... After..... I can't believe the aluminum foil and water trick works! 5 minutes later voila!
  13. loser

Got it almost stripped down.
  14. loser

Rusty but Trusty

Thanks guys! I think the handlebars are pretty much shot, as are the spokes but hopefully everything else will clean up. I was wondering about the seat. Most of the pics I see have the monogram seat. What the bomber seat standard and monogram seat an option?
  15. loser

New Guy

Thank you sir. I like what I see already!
Back