Recent content by m66

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. m66

Street scrambler

Build is alive, and I'm alive. I build batteries 2x 13S11P working in parallel. I manged to not kill myself in the process - success! I used cheap BMS and every battery charges for eternity, bummer :(. It's just not working on single battery -engine is sucking 30A depleating it in 35 - 40 km...
  2. m66

Street scrambler

And this is how things are looking now. Subframe is looking better now. Totally doable, piece of cake... hard like rock, but still piece of cake ;) Do not use this piece of sh.... And this subframe makes me happy. I need to build custom cowl - first one is not usable sadly.... But still...
  3. m66

Street scrambler

There was hiatus in the project due to work, ...... sub-frame and lack of ideas... and wheels. But... thanks to @SpikeFC i have half ot the set, and soon I will have full one :D Big thanks! What I learned from this: 1) motorcycle rims on bike hubs sounds awesome... until you heard how much...
  4. m66

Early 60's ZZR Pionier.

Word of law, and the Bafang says it's 250W.... Word of serial number, model, and some peculiar details says.... lets say they sing a differet song, faster and more fun :D I'm still blown away by how big, and small in the same time it looks
  5. m66

Street scrambler

Hellloooo :D I'm trying to document that little horror-show of build :) it's taking waaay to long :D
  6. m66

Street scrambler

Finally. One piece ready... there is no such thing like "over-engineered" :21:
  7. m66

WBO Project Oldboy

That wheels set looks way better when they are fitted to the bike. I must say, that they look surprisingly good!
  8. m66

Street scrambler

So... build continues. First rough prototype, almost all dimensions are wrong (I used some ...... 3d model of rear hooks as reference point...) but it's step in the good direction. Couple more mistakes and it will be shiny aluminium soon ;) Work on the tank is going further. Also 18" rimm just...
  9. m66

Street scrambler

It's non much power. It will be still still to slow for a motorcycle, but it will be something between bicycle and moped. I just need to reprogram it to have street legal, and "fun" modes (200km of range or 1,5h or fun). And I have too much experience with running out of power in unexpected...
  10. m66

Felt

I like that seat mount contraction. Cleaver and good looking.
  11. m66

Street scrambler

Some update. Space for the battery is insane :) this one will have huge range. Fiddling with suspension geometry, and test fitting. This has future, and is way simpler than anticipated. Which is nice, but it mens that this will be hard to build properly :) Of course this is only proof of...
  12. m66

Street scrambler

yep, not really, you need to resolve to MX or desert sled style fender mounted to lower crown tree, or you need to fabricate mount that will attach to axel clamps. Or you cans say "screw it" and go for pitbike front suspension when you have all the mount points already there :)
  13. m66

Hello Word!

Thank you very much :)
  14. m66

Street scrambler

They are on constant discount on Aliexpress - i bought this set for... 109$ (more is robbery tbh) those are probably factory rejects from Zoom DH 1100 series, with sticker informing you, that those are not downhill forks ;) They lack preload - but this is fixable I think, I'm to lazy to do this...
  15. m66

Street scrambler

Hi! Thanks mate :D So regarding rear hub. It will be 5 gear Sturmey Archer, current one has 7 sprocket cassette, and motor. It's going away, I don't like derailleurs :D As for the forks. heck yeah! 180 or 200mm of travel with 26" wheel with 2,8" or larger tire. That was real relief in...
Back