Recent content by Meawosh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Meawosh

66/80cc China Gril powered beach cruiser

Finał assembly. There's big washer on top of pressure plate missing, and still need to slap it in to the motor for final adjustment. Took me 40 minutes for tapping, cutting and sanding. It is really easy and straightforward. With half of the pads it grabs like crazy.
  2. Meawosh

Update: Got new throttle cable, wich is much shorter than the one from set. Throttle response is fast and smooth right now. Got some ignition timing issues, so I readjusted magnet on woodruff key. There is still some issues with jetting, but now I have whole set of jets to find sweetspot...
  3. Meawosh

No words needed. She's a runner. So I got her running, made two trips for about 20 minutes each. My first thoughts are good, but we got some teething problems. She's to lean. No crazy lean, but plusg is grayish and she's bogging at 40 kph. No air filter doesn't help either. New jets are on their...
  4. Meawosh

Nice progress there. SKFs found their new home. Cases are closed again. Used some RTV on cases and intake for better sealment. Exhaust is shortened a bit and has holes drilled for better flow. Head is on its place, and hole engine sits in the frame. I found better steering handle wich gives more...
  5. Meawosh

Cases are done
  6. Meawosh

Cylinder ports are done. Started with stone on my dremel tool, then sanded with 80, 120, 240 then water and 320, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2500. Need to hit it with polishing compound and dremel again. Sanding block from sushi stick 🤣🤣
  7. Meawosh

What are you listening to?

Drum n Bass since 1999
  8. Meawosh

What are you listening to?

He probably puts his needle not in a main jet 🤣
  9. Meawosh

Desert Rat M1

I had same problem with my rear sprocket and Nexus 3 hub. Filed down inside bore few mm, and it fits like a glove. Check in my thread, there's a picture of how it look after filing. Good luck and take care.
  10. Meawosh

Polishing complete. Next is exhaust and intake ports, to remove castings. Exhaust will be polished as good as possible. Intake will be smoothed out but without mirror finish. After hole cylinder package is done, next will be transfers. Need to open up them slightly, instal everything and check...
  11. Meawosh

Hi guys, long time no see. After quite hard 2 years for me, it is time to continue my project. Sadly, I need to spend time replacing my old China Doll for new one. This time I'm going to make engine as good as possible, before first crank up. I bought new unit, wich is much better made than the...
  12. Meawosh

What needs a rebuild every month? My Nexus 3 hub? No way. It is my only breaking solution, and I dont have any problems with it
  13. Meawosh

It wouldnt. I need to enlarge the hole. Because coster brake arm is attached to brake cover, you need to take it out first, install sprocket and put the brake cover back on. Not too much fuss. Sprocker has lots of meat, so rebore it few mills to larger diameter wont make it any weaker.
  14. Meawosh

Today started at mounting front fender. I dont even have vice, so it is all crafting. Drilled a hole in fender and screw the mount to it. Then started to bend it. You can see I ve got decison to made to hide it in the fork or make it visible more. And some photo art stuff
Back