Recent content by mikedill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION

Mike, 39. My grandfather passed, and about a year later I found what turned out to be a 49' (or so) CWC Western Flyer tied to the rafters in his barn. Rusty as heck, but it was so frickin' neat! I had no idea where it came from, as I hadn't ever noticed it before. I took it home, and since it...
  2. M

70s Huffy 3speed Open Road

I live in Dayton, grew up here, and have a soft spot for all Huffy bikes. I have a couple new cruisers, a USA made mountain bike, and a couple old three speeds. 70's three speeds, to my knowledge, were built by Raliegh in England and imported for sale here. I've picked one out of the trash, seen...
  3. M

Guitar Players: Show us yours!

They're just 12" soft pine, used a 2" hole saw, then cut about 1/2" off of the front of the hole, and clearance slots, rounded and sanded everything, and boom baby! I may have to reinforce the electric rack, it flexes a lot, I'm thinking some 1/2"x1/2" angle aluminum screwed to the underside...
  4. M

I got nothing new, but did build a couple of new racks,,
  5. M

ELGIN DECOLUXE

...., I like the Krap out of this! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  6. M

Here is our (my wife and I) collection. Mostly inexpensive, but all playable, and most have some sentimental value, like the 58' harmony stratotone she learned to play on, my uncle's harmony res-o-tone banjo, or the kit Tele she bought me for Christmas a few years back. We play out alot, and...
  7. M

Late 40s CWC Western Flyer

Well, she wasn't finished. I rode her all summer, but was never entirely happy with the colors. So over the last couple months, I repainted her, mounted an old soda crate on the rack, and am pretty happy with the result. I may have gone a touch overboard with the stripes. Still pretty happy with...
  8. M

Anymore Jeep freaks out there?

99 cherokee classic. I will NEVER drive anything other than a jeep. My neighbor has a 50's Willy's jeep station wagon, and I'd love to have one of those too,,,,, Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  9. M

1969 Foremost (Raleigh) sex change

Few more pics Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  10. M

I notched the original top down tube, bent it and welded and smoothed the seams. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  11. M

Thanks! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  12. M

I've got three Raleigh built bikes, two 1967 huffy sportsman and this foremost (jc penny house brand), all three speeds, the huffys were my mom and aunt's when they were kids, and I'm planning on restoring at least one, but I found this in the trash, and inspired by the sex changes on RRB, most...
  13. M

8-Ply

....! I love your builds, sir, and I gotta say, this is my favorite! Keep up the amazing work! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  14. M

MODIFIED 29" COLUMBIA w/REAR DROP OUT EXTENSIONS

Sweet. I like the looks, but didn't want to spend money if it was a total p.o.s. thanks!
  15. M

MODIFIED 29" COLUMBIA w/REAR DROP OUT EXTENSIONS

Was wondering how the quality and ride is on those new "Columbia" bikes?
Back