Recent content by mistersurly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mistersurly

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

1960 Schwinn Speedster (finally figured out a better way to post pics!)
  2. mistersurly

Old Manse Hawthorne...Final Day Video just added!

Love this build! Aesthetically and for the application of elbow grease. Nice work.
  3. mistersurly

Which Freewheel Tool? SR Hub

When I run into town tomorrow, I'm gonna bring the wheel to my local shop. They will have the tool there, since they work on old/new. I'll still order one but I need the wheels ASAP for this build. Will still have to re-dish, etc. Thanks again for all the replies! Edit: And it's weird that my...
  4. mistersurly

Something is up on my end, with posting pics. Edit: Figured it out. I had AdBlocker running on the RRB domain. Disabled, and now the pics are fine. Doh!!! Yup > That's my freewheel (without made in France)!
  5. mistersurly

Thanks Bicycle808!!! No holes for spanner, etc. It's always something with this hobby. :) BTW: With your image, all I see is "" .. which is the same thing I keep seeing when posting. Posting this pic in case others can see it.
  6. mistersurly

Yeah, I know the hubs don't make a difference; just mentioning in case someone had an early 80's Ross in their stash. I will replace the freewheel with a BMX type. However, the current one is a 24 spline; which I've never seen before. If I do find one, and it's not cheap, I may go the cut...
  7. mistersurly

Hey all. Going to use some wheels off an old Ross (1981?) MTB. Which freewheel tool should I order to remove the 5-speed freewheel? They are SR hubs Trying to post pics, but the usual process doesn't seem to be working. I've posted a bunch here using Dropbox ... anyone know what's up? Thanks
  8. mistersurly

Etta's Vacation Cruiser

Here's my (too) quick turnaround entry. Thanks for looking Took one of these: Turned it into this: Original thread: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ettas-vacation-cruiser.102559/
  9. mistersurly

Black Diamond Deluxe

Space race rat ... love it!
  10. mistersurly

Dad's Elgin

Awesome
  11. mistersurly

Etta's Vacation Cruiser

Few hours to go. Back from vacation; where I had a little "bike-ccident" ... my right elbow is swollen and looks like it's going to give birth! Finish pics coming (wipes sweat from brow)
  12. mistersurly

Low Flyer...."Building a Better X53"

Wow and WOW!! Definitely Fink approved!
  13. mistersurly

1960 Schwinn Speedster - BMXK

Thanks! Got them on theBay .. "Classic Vintage Enduro-Style Off Road Crossbar Handlebars 23-92400" PM me for the seller's name; I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here. Edit: mapcycleinc (Thanks Luke)
  14. mistersurly

Etta's Vacation Cruiser

Wheels nearly done. In the meantime: Shortened fender, made spacer (will tighten on final assembly) Light mount done
  15. mistersurly

1960 Schwinn Speedster - BMXK

Haven't ordered cranks yet. Since I want to ride it next week, I used a set from another SS bike. Digging the VP traps!
Back