Recent content by mongoosemoose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

WTB: red fatbike rims

I'm looking to pick up a set of red fatbike rims to finish my Beast project that's been sitting for a few years now. Don't need spokes or hubs. I found a sealed 36 hole front hub and I have a Sturmey 3sp fat hub for the back. It's gonna be ...... if I ever get it done.
  2. M

FOR THE FABRICATORS OUT THERE

I'm dying for someone to fab a 26" Yamaha Motobike. How much would you charge to build the F/F?
  3. M

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Thanks for the info. I sanded the rims down with 350 grit (that's what the can recommended), then wiped them down with min spirits. I hit them with 3 coats of the metallic red, using light misting coats about 15 minutes apart. I then hung them in the garage for 8 or 9 days. Then I wet-sanded...
  4. M

CALLING ALL SPRAY-PAINT EXPERTS!!! So I sanded and rattle-canned my Beast wheels with Duplicolor metallic red. They look great, but I scratched an area on the backside with my fingernail and it scratched right off. Am I screwed? What can I do to protect the finish? Would clear coating it...
  5. M

I got 4.2 lbs. for the hub and 20T cog, but my scale is a POS so give or take 2oz.
  6. M

Hey everyone, I found Sturmey Archer SX-RK3 fat hubs at this address--in stock for $149.95. Mine came today-this thing is enormous and weighs a ton. Came with a stick shifter and what looks to be all the needed hardware (not sure-first timer here). http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?i...
  7. M

Just got my beast and the ideas are flowing. So many different ways you can go with this bike...The UPS guy told me it's the heaviest bike he's ever delivered--that's why they call it The Beast! Had all the issues that everyone else is talking about--scratched paint, stiff BB, headset...
Back