Recent content by motojunkie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Wow, that '48 DX is friggin beautiful
  2. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

Thanks, all the positive feedback is pretty cool. I'm glad everyone seems to dig the Twisted Cruiser. It's encouraging to get the approval of fellow bike lovers especially on this Very Cool website/comminity. Thanks again.
  3. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

No, sorry, I never thought about about taking pics during the build. I do when I build Motorcycles but I guess I never thought about it for a Bicycle because there is not that much to them. A Frame, a fork, 2 tires, 2 wheels, handle bar, seat, chain, seat stem, steering stem, crank...
  4. M

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

1962 Schwinn (Fleet) The Twisted Cruiser
  5. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

Ya like it? I put on the shifter/cable mechanism yesterday around Noon. I'm not sure if it shifts correctly or not. It's just toooo darn cold in Iowa to go for a ride. -11 degrees in the heat of the day today. It would have to warm up another 43 degrees just to hit the Freezing point.
  6. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

It was a cold day even to just take a few pictures, snow and ice on my driveway.
  7. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

I got started on it about a month ago, I finished it yesterday. Most of my time was looking for parts and waiting for parts. I picked up the Frame off a guy named Marshall in Madrid (IA) He runs an ad on Des Moines Craigslist nearly all the time for bikes but he has a lot of frames and parts...
  8. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

NO PICS I opened a photobucket account, followed the (Ratrodbikes.com) instructions but I still can't seem to get photos to load. I get a circle with a slash with [ next to it on the post but no pic. Any suggestions? The pics are here...
  9. M

"Twisted" Cruiser

The "Twisted Cruiser" I started with only a beat up 1962 Schwinn Fleet frame and crankset/chainwheel. It had the tank and chainguard but they were pretty beat up too, Gary Van Der Kamp worked his magic on the thin metal of the tank. I sanded the frame and all down to bare metal, painted the...
Back