Recent content by Mr.B.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

Done just in time for winter! LOL! There will be a lot of riding come spring!
  2. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

Finished Pic's!!! And a viddy-
  3. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

A few final fabrications and assembly details: Finished intake with another old coffee maker part as the filter cover. The finished drive train and a old Worksman chain guard on the pedal side. Extra wide pedal crank made from a cutting up a inexpensive chainring and welding and bolting the...
  4. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

Painted the tank in a traditional Hot Rodder's "scallop" style: Pin stripped it. And thoroughly distressed all that hard work. Also added a scruffy old Mason jar lid to hide the plastic gas cap. In honor of Chris's Danish ancestry i painted a "Viking Rat" cartoon in lieu of a head...
  5. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

Been quite a while since i've made any updates about this project- The truth is i actually pretty much finished it by last Thanksgiving, but had been suffering a misbehaving computer. So here's the wrap up... Building the tank: Started by working out the shape in poster board. Then cutting...
  6. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel (redux)

Had this entered in Build Off 12 but just wasn’t able to get it finished before the deadline- http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rätte-hengel.103766/ So I thought I’d continue here in BUILDS. Here's the lastest progress... Rear wheel: I used 5 different online spoke length...
  7. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

Although i have made a lot of progress since i last posted I’m just not going to be able to finish this in time for the contest deadline... :- ( In fact sadly i’m leaving shortly for a few days out of town. But when i get back i’ll start a new thread in the build section and continue to share...
  8. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

I see that ALL of the photos i put in the first post have been lost to the Photobucket thing and there doesn't seem to be a way to reinsert them now... I guess it doesn't matter too much since i'll be continuing to post progress, but here's just a few to help make a little sense of what i had...
  9. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

Been really busy with my day job recently and haven’t had much spare time, (and i’m starting to worry about being finished in time...) But here's a couple little things to share from last week- Another thick gusset, this will finally reenforce all the tube clusters now and it may even be used...
  10. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

That is clever and will no doubt use it in the future. Thanks! But for now i've already over-payed for the castle nuts and will keep them for the forks.
  11. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

No. I've never even heard of them... But i will look it up! I do like the old timey look of castle nuts & cotter pins though.
  12. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

Wow, that Photobucket thing is an sudden & inconvenient disappointment! But i do have some further fork fabrications to share- I discovered that if i really bent the old snowmobile springs they somewhat stayed bent... Not really a desirable trait for a spring in a springer suspension fork...
  13. Mr.B.

Rätte-Hengel...

Thanks for the nice feedback everybody! I was really hoping to have some more progress to share by now, but got side tracked by some family stuff this week... Soon though, planning to work on it all day Sunday! And yes 1974sharks, i figured a real translation would be more complicated than...
  14. Mr.B.

Another lurker comes forth...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
  15. Mr.B.

Another lurker comes forth...

Thanks and thanks!
Back