Recent content by Mr Carl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mr Carl

Summer Build Off?

I'm ready, but need to know the rules. I'm already in trouble with my wife. I came home from my LBS with a couple of clunkers destined for their dumpster. Still have 2 custom bikes I haven't finished.
  2. Mr Carl

Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

I've built a couple of custom bikes before I joined this group. So, fill me in on the rules please. I know, start from scratch. My wife will give me that look when I drag home another questionable bike. Did they have bikes in the move "Demolition Man"? They did have Rat Burgers.
  3. 03

custom build
  4. 02

custom build
  5. Mr Carl

When I have more parts and time

From a Blue Mongoose to a stretched low rider. Just need to add grips. I haven't found any that suit me for this bike build, yet.
  6. Mr Carl

Thanks. The front forks are actually from the back half of a suspension bike.
  7. Mr Carl

After 4 years of building bikes for the area kids who didn't have any, I decided to start building my own stuff. These are 2 of the mock-ups ready for disassembly and paint. The Blue Mongoose is now satin black waiting to be assembled. The red Alta Mongoose is next in line.
  8. Dahon Folding Bike

Dahon Folding Bike

Sturmey Archer 3 speed with 16 inch tires.
  9. Daisey Tandem

Daisey Tandem

still rides good
  10. Custom

Custom

his started out as a standard chrome BMX style Mongoose. I got bored and changed it up. The chrome front is from the back half of a suspension bike. It rides good until you turn. Then it has to be a slow wide turn.
  11. Dawes

Dawes

This was originally bought in Chicago 1968. I obtained it from the original owner. It needs a few things replaced.
  12. Gitane

Gitane

13. Mongoose

Mongoose

14. Schwinn Ruler 6044-26

Schwinn Ruler 6044-26

15. Sears 5 Speed

Sears 5 Speed

All original made in Austria. I did replace the rear wheel and tires. This still rides great.
Back