Recent content by Mr.Tadpole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

So it's been a while and a bunch has happened as far as this build goes. The original controller I intended for this build had some issues, but I will try to salvage that. In the meantime, I have been running a voilamart 48v 1000w controller. I'm assuming I am producing about 1200w at 52v...
  2. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

I kept looking at this as I continued to over-think the pivot dynamics on my setup. After a while I pretty much copied what you did, except mine is strapped to the rear section of my fork (which is also part of a rat trap springer, coincidentally)
  3. Mr.Tadpole

Electra Cruiser + BBSHD

Wow! Great build. I'm curious as to how those 3 speed nexus hubs will take the torque over a long period of time. I don't recall ever seeing anybody else do this, though a buddy of mine runs a weird external/internal hub setup (sram...I think the brand is?) on his bafang 1500w setup. How well...
  4. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

Yeah PeteMcP, I think I might mess around with putting a fake leaf spring on. That way I can use the spaceliner spring mouting bits I have left. That will be tried out a bit later though. If I do that, I will have to figure out how I will mount the fender and the "leaf spring" so that the front...
  5. Mr.Tadpole

What is this graphic?

A kind fellow on the RRB fb page figured it out. These were put on Rollfast bikes. I find it interesting that a non-Rollfast Snyder frame also has this logo on it. Very interesting.
  6. Mr.Tadpole

What is this graphic?

I think we got a winner folks! :rockout:
  7. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

So I have been mostly playing around with a bunch of parts my buddy gave me. Come to think of it, most of the parts on this bike either came directly from this friend of mine or I wouldn't have bought without this buddy in one way or another. Anywho, those Columbia fenders really look great in...
  8. Mr.Tadpole

What is this graphic?

Hey all, I have a Snyder built fastback frame with a curious graphic. Never seen anything like it before. I first thought it was a delta decal found on the old cylinder battery holders, but that can't be it. Anyone have a picture of one of these in better shape?
  9. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

Thanks PeteMcP! The fork is actually half original Monark (girls fork) and half Sears Spaceliner. I have been trying different configurations so it has good travel and will work with a drum brake. I think the chain guard is why I decided to build this frame specifically. Can't wait to put a...
  10. Mr.Tadpole

The Over-Watt

So, I'm a long time lurker. Been looking at ratty and roddy builds since 2011. I've been messing with ebike stuff since 2017, but I have been reading about ebike building for longer. Here's a brief explanation of my ebike shenanigans: My first ebike kit was salvaged from a yard sale. Took me...
Back