Recent content by oxyjansen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. oxyjansen

Late 50's Murray Solar Flight

Late 50's Murray Solar Flight : (Spaceliner): This is a fresh custom build I entered in this years build off, but got busy and never got the finished pics in. Its a combination of new and refinished vintage parts. It rides smooth as silk, and the 2 speed makes it far more versatile than a...
  2. oxyjansen

Frame ID (please)

Thank you! I can't see the serial # anywhere. The frame is powder coated, so if the # was faint it looks like its been filled in. There isn't even an impression to hint as to the # location. I was hoping that would help hone things in a bit more.
  3. oxyjansen

Frame ID (please)

Hi, I was given this frame yesterday, and have no idea what it is. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:
  4. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Thank you! I tend to take my bikes too far, and this one is no exception. I guess having the time to do it is why I don't mind. I have this gorgeous chrome pintle (half link) chin I want to use, and realized yesterday their made for bmx bikes, and are a good 8-10 inches short. So, to Ebay I...
  5. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Did a little painting: As insane as it sounds I have like 8 hours of repair, prep, and painting into the bezel and control panel, and their still not perfect. Took a little creative work to salvage the decals. Pressed in the Truvativ cups: First, I had to dremel inside the bb...
  6. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Had to finish this first: http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/oxyjansen/library/?view=recent&page=1
  7. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Finally got to threading and cutting the fork. The heavy re-chrome gave me some issues, as the crown needed to be filed to accept the race, and the front axle needed flat spots filed in it to fit the axle in the dropouts. Got the head set reducers (1 1/8" to 1") and headset in as well...
  8. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Too much, or too little? I refurbish a lot of vintage swap parts, and even with that it'll be one of my cheapest builds! It all ads up fast!
  9. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Not free! I wish. I just blew almost $1500 to buy parts to finish about 6 bikes. This one will be a bit over $300 total when its done.
  10. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Thanx. I can't wait to see it all together, but I have 1 more to finish before it gets done.
  11. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

Parts have arrived! Rear tire: Kenda Kraze 26 x 2.125 Front tire: Kenda Kwest 26 x 1.5 Wheels: alloy, 12ga spokes, Sturmey S2C Kickback hub, coaster brake Forks: vintage re-chromed, 700c, Campy dropouts Crank: 1985 vintage Sugino AT Headset: Origin 8, sealed bearing, threaded Headset...
  12. oxyjansen

☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

As if its not already completely obvious, sweet frame! Dare I ask what their going for these days? Seen some big numbers on Ebay a while back
  13. oxyjansen

51 CwC custom

Think you're going to have a little trouble with your present configuration! LOL
  14. oxyjansen

SOLARIS

The paint itself will stay, but I have work to do on the tank bezel and control panel. I planning to salvage the decals, which are in rough shape, which will leave some of the chrome as well. The one good thing about the BB adapter is that if there were to be any slippage it will be stopped...
Back