Recent content by OzBroz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra... Finito!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.
  2. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Finished thread HERE
  3. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra... Finito!

Rusty old little Italian Ladies bike.... and I flipped it! Build thread HERE Thanks for looking.
  4. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Only action shot I have found so far, not a great pic but it is proof of rideability.
  5. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Late update..... I gave up on the concept of a stock frame flipped using only bolt-on parts and welded in a different bottom bracket instead. Didn't even have to butt and sleeve it as the old Italian frame has a larger than usual seat tube and that allowed me to fit the new modern mountain...
  6. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Update time. Seat tube and bottom bracket got painted and the dropouts got done After a loooong day struggling with getting the springer on the ridiculously long steer tube, taking it on a shake-down run and realizing the bottom bracket is wobbling around like a drunken sailor because...
  7. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Welding done (and a lot of grinding to make it look better) so now I have: a bolt-on bottom bracket and a bolt-on seat post tube they will look much nicer after some filler and some gloss black paint.
  8. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Some stuff got cut up, and a bit of grinding was done on them too. So now the welder comes out and that means that there is a LOT more grinding coming up :/
  9. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

Update time.... Wheels are done. Front wheel is off some department store kids bike, pulled it apart, rim went in the oxalic acid and then everything was polished, then it was all all put back together with shiny new spoke nipples and finished off with a hub regrease. Rear wheel was also...
  10. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

No practical reason, and I too am sure it will never actually be "un-flipped", I have done a few welded up flips before and previous winter MMBOs have had a rule that frames could not be changed, so that lead to the desire to do one that could be un-flipped, and in the long run the difference in...
  11. OzBroz

Ratto Sottosopra

2 weeks till the 2018 Rat Run https://www.facebook.com/events/362450144206795/ time to build a new bike for the run. The bike will be a little Italian 24" grocery-getter I bought years ago. The moment I saw it I knew it would make a nice flipper, hence the name (I don't know Italian so have...
  12. OzBroz

What happened to Kustomized Bicycle Magazine?

If Aaron still has the source files for KBM, perhaps they could be archived somewhere on RRB so that KBM is not lost forever???.... the how-to articles and feature bikes were great.
  13. OzBroz

(MBBO#05 Class I) Red Baron

...... No progress, have just gotten home after 6 weeks overseas, and the "Minister for War" is demanding completion of another project (front yard retaining wall and a yard art sculpture letter/parcel box house number with retractable hose reel.... hope to have it finished this weekend) before...
  14. OzBroz

(MBBO#05 Class I) Red Baron

Red Baron... because it's German and it will be red. It's a "KHE Highriser", Centrix 3 Speed coaster hub, front drum brake, fake springer fork. Saw it in a local online trading site, liked the look of it, bought it and put it into storage. According to the stickers it is not very old...
  15. OzBroz

RatRun 2016 - March 20th - Melbourne Australia

Perfect day for a ride . ... and a facebook vid https://www.facebook.com/danielsutton/videos/10208232850835123/
Back