Recent content by Rcflyer79

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Western flyer x53 front fender light

I'm looking for a nice black base with the chrome top for my x53. I know they're hard to find and pricey but it's a nice bike and I'd like to complete it. Thank you
  2. R

1953? Monark Western Flyer

Cleaned it up a little and serviced all the bearings.
  3. R

Lobdell? 26" front wheel

Good evening, everybody! I'm looking for a front wheel to match this rear wheel. No s2 stamp leads me to believe this is an early lobdell wheel. I'd be happy to find a match. Patina would be great. I plan to disassemble, clean, and rebuild. Thank you
  4. R

Murray springer

I've got a few of the later rat trap style springers and they're fairly heavy too. They also don't have much spring action. I've always enjoyed them more for their cool looks than for their characteristics. I'd never seen the combination of the beehive springer with the flightliner frame and...
  5. R

I haven't done it in a while but I flew brushless electrics.
  6. R

I'm definitely open to my options. I'll be looking at a lot of people's results and choosing the one I see that will best fit my desired results. I'm not looking for a shiny new bike but a nice clean bike. Steve
  7. R

No sir! I'm going to take my time and research the best way to refurbish this one. Oxalic acid is looking promising but I'm not going to rush anything. This one will get a good cleaning and preservation. Put it back on some whitewalls. Steve
  8. R

I saw this when I went to buy the stripped down jet flow on Friday. I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back and got it today. It's crusty but still has a lot of life left in it. I'll be taking my time with this one. Steve
  9. R

Murray springer

Thank you for all your replies. I already got busy mixing up some parts.
  10. R

Murray springer

Thank you for your reply. I'll be flipping them back to their original position tomorrow. I like the stock look. Steve
  11. R

Murray springer

I brought it home.
  12. R

Murray springer

I thought there would be some clearance issues with the tank and springer. I have a golden flyer style chrome tank with the delta bug eye lights, which didn't originally have a bezel. I believe that one may work. An all original survivor jc Higgins jet flow is definitely a bucket list bike for...
  13. R

Murray springer

Thank you for the good info! I knew the fork was somewhat desirable. I'll definitely be buying the whole bike although I have no immediate plans for the frame. My idea is to see if that fork will work with a later Murray built flightliner frame. I'm optimistic that there will be a decent hub too...
Back