Recent content by Roadie64

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Roadie64

(ORBO) Klunkerbolt -DONE!-

Thanks OJ! That drum brake is AWESOME! I will be using them for future builds for sure. Thanks, Luke! The first finished build for me. I want to see yours done although. Is there a thread for builds that didn't quite make the time line? I have a couple of them... =] Thanks, G-Matt. These...
  2. Roadie64

(ORBO) '38 Shelby Klunkinator! finished

What a cool frame! Great job!
  3. Roadie64

(ORBO) Klunkerbolt finished

1963 Columbia Firebolt frame, ratty... With stock seat bolt, stock bottom bracket cups and bearings, stock headset. Newer fork off of a Huffy mtb(flame painted). Newer BMX three piece steel cranks(flame painted). Non-descript chain ring 40 tooth(flame painted) Bear Trap peddles. Custom hand made...
  4. Roadie64

Done! I'm at my sisters house using a reliable internet connection to upload pics and post. This bike honestly is one of my best builds... the wheel set just toped it off and tied everything together. I robbed the exerciser post off of one of my talls. The flame paint turned out great! The...
  5. Roadie64

ORBO Silver Mule - 2 speed all terrain cruiser type thing

What a clean looking ride! Nice build!
  6. Roadie64

Thanks, OJ! Thanks LRR! Leather is fun to work with. Get creative bro!! Great job on that seat. How's it holding up! Thanks MC! "skinned"... love it!
  7. Roadie64

Brooks saddles appear to use 20oz leather(which basically means one square foot of leather weighs 20 ounces) on their saddles, it's almost 1/4" thick. I had a half hide of 20oz tooling leather(it's stiff, "raw", vegetable tanned leather) that I removed my seat from the shoulder area(which is...
  8. Roadie64

I'm not happy with the way my seat turned out.... I'm freakin stoaked!! We'll see how it holds up through time.
  9. Roadie64

It did make me smile... and yes, a "buck" for the leather, I lost conn half way through the upload. I managed to get one more pic uploaded.
  10. Roadie64

(ORBO) Dead Metal - Video Montage

Great job on this build, Carl! You put a lot of work and thought into it... and it shows! The bike gods are blessing you for saving that frame. :thumbsup:
  11. Roadie64

Front hub is a Sturmey Archer XL-FD drum brake; rear hub is a Sturmey Archer S2C (116mm spaced, two-speed kickback with a coaster brake). Both wheels are built into 36H Sun Rhyno Lite rims with double-butted Wheelsmith spokes and new Velox rim tape.
  12. Roadie64

Me too! The only way I can think of to mold the leather into a good shape so it doesn't deform is carve a wooden block for a mold. This may be kind of tricky... "Banana phone"?!?!? :21: I bought a new/used wheel set yesterday for this build, hopefully get it next week.
  13. Roadie64

Here goes nothing...
  14. Roadie64

I finally got a connection good enough that I could load some pics. Flame off... "Flame on." The steel on the cranks were almost black when I removed the paint, never seen steel that dark. The different steels and thickness give different patinas. The chain ring came out awesome. The...
Back