Recent content by ruleofnike69

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ruleofnike69

After a long drought...Finally

I found a set of period Dunlop tires for this bike and bought a schwinn messinger seat. I still need a front basket and or the lense and some streamers. I'll post the final picutures soon.
  2. ruleofnike69

hiawatha 50's springer

Guessing........late fourties early to mid fifties. Thats definately not a middleweight bike. I'm a buyer for that hairpin saddle if you decide to part it out. Interesting tank....haven't seen one screwed together quite like that before. great find !
  3. ruleofnike69

Diamond in the rough

I'm beginning to think that front fork may be original.......anyone have any thoughts on that?
  4. ruleofnike69

Diamond in the rough

The auction your speaking of didn't finish. The guy pulled it prior to the end...I know...I was sitting on it too. I contacted him. He said the owners wanted him to pull it. Now..he wants an arm and a leg for shipping. I'm trying reason with him. I may just load up the old Honda and drive...
  5. ruleofnike69

Diamond in the rough

Gathered this little jewel up on ebay tonight. Looks like I'm gonna be hunting a set of aluminum forks for it as these don't look to be original. I'm wondering what those hangers above the forks and below the handlebars are for? Should There be rods there or springs or what? Seat's kinda...
  6. ruleofnike69

After a long drought...Finally

I was looking for a 24 inch bike for my grand daughter and thought I wasn't gonna get it done before her 13th birthday. But the good Lord led us to this one. From a barn. Needs new tires and the front lense and a seat.....but a nice 68 fleetwing. The bike is in great shape for having had...
  7. ruleofnike69

Very complete Womens Monark Super Deluxe

Its listed on ebay.......I like the bike.....but have a decent boys bike like it to ride.....hard bike to find....someone will buy it I'm sure. The joy is in sharing.....especially when profit is involved...lol
  8. ruleofnike69

nice seat Goodyear thunderbolt GT
  9. ruleofnike69

true farmer engineered Monark rocket Tandem?

What did you do to bring that paint back?
  10. ruleofnike69

Need to install rear carrier but missing frame mount

Ha well I think your stating the obvious on that mount part...lol What I'm trying to do is determine if someone sold me swamp ground in Florida if you catch my drift. I'll post a few pictures that show why its suspect in my opinion. The real problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way to...
  11. ruleofnike69

I like the other solutions better. bikes are really valued by the component parts added up in my opinion. Especially vintage racks. To modify a rack or even a frame would devalue the final value of the bike. If we were talking about just a rider...it wouldn't bother me at all to do that.
  12. ruleofnike69

Bike finally made it. there were some plusses and some negatives. I guess the best thing is the tires........Goodyear.....still have the side nubs ...one has a few cracks from sitting flat but aired up fine and is holding air. The bike is very complete and rides just fine. Definately a time...
  13. ruleofnike69

That's what I was afraid of. Having to build my own...lol. Thought maybe someone had seen such hardware from the factory. Thanks..thats a good picture. The bike was sold to me as a monark super deluxe...47 model. But it makes no sense that its a super deluxe without those mounts. Anyone have...
  14. ruleofnike69

Got an old ballon frame with no fitting on the frame behind the rear axle mount. I'm supposing that there are some fittings available for mounting such. The supports are not long enough to mount on the axle bolt and it will take a fitting of some kind. What is the name or term for that fitting?
Back